Find Kerala State Quota NEET counselling information such as Counselling Procedure, Cut off, Seat Matrix, Tuition Fees, Eligibility, etc here.
MBBS Admission Counselling for Kerala State Quota is conducted by Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Thiruvanthapuram which comes under Government of Kerala. 85% of MBBS seats in all government colleges located in the state of Kerala are allotted to students who are native to the state. Apart from government colleges, management quota seats as well as NRI Quota seats in private medical colleges are allotted by CEE, Kerala.
Table of Contents
1. Quick Summary
2. Counselling Procedure
3. Counselling Registration
4. Centralized Allotment Process
5. Eligibility – State Counselling
6. Domicile Rules
7. Seat Reservation
8. Seat Matrix
9. Required Documents
10. NEET Cut off
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Conducting Authority||Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Kerala|
|Total Medical College Participating||10 Govt Colleges, 19 Self-Financing Colleges|
|Total MBBS Seats Govt||1555|
|Total MBBS Seats Private||2200|
|Tuition Fees||Govt Quota – Rs 25000/Year,|
Mgmt Quota – Rs 6 Lakhs/Year,
NRI – Rs 20 Lakhs/Year
|Registration Date||IInd Week of February|
|Registration Fees||Rs 500 (For SC – Rs 200 and for ST category – Free)|
|Phone Helpline||0471-2525300, 0471-2335523 (24 hours)|
Kerala State Counselling Procedure
Kerala State Quota Counselling conducted by Commissioner for Entrance Examinations-Kerala includes MBBS Seats in government and private medical colleges located in the state of Kerala. 15% MBBS Management Quota Seats in self-financing college are open for students from any state of India.
For Private Medical Colleges which are affiliated to Deemed University such as Amrita Institute of Medical Science – Kochi, the counselling is conducted by Medical Counselling Committee.
Kerala State Counselling Registration
There are 5 steps in online MBBS Admission application submission. Candidates should complete all the five steps before the registration end date which generally falls in the last week of February.
- Step 1 : Candidate Registration: Enter your email and mobile number to generate application number. You will be allowed to set password for further login.
- Step 2 : Fill Application Form: Read prospectus and fill all the mandatory fields in the online application. Use ‘Save and Preview’ button to verify your details before you finalize submission.
- Step 3 : Pay Application Fees: Payment of application fee either by Online Payment through Net-banking/Credit Card/Debit Card or by way of e-chalan.
- Step 4 : Upload Images and Scanned Certificates: A recent passport size photograph along with Signature of the candidate, in jpeg format (according to given specifications) need to be uploaded.
- Step 5 : Print Confirmation Page: Candidate should take confirmation page printout for future references.
Counselling Process – Centralized Allotment Process(CAP)
Merit Rank List : Rank list for MBBS/BDS will be prepared on the basis of rank obtained in NEET-UG examination by all the applicants. CEE releases state rank as well as community Ranks for all students who applied for the MBBS admission counselling. Candidates should verify whether they appear in the respective merit list for their reservation category published by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations. If there is any discrepancy, complaint should be sent within the time period specified during the rank list publication. CEE will publish revised rank list after considering all complaints filed by the students.
The CAP allows students to select college and course choices based on their preference. If you do not have computer and internet access, you can approach the facilitation centers to select your college preference. The allotments are strictly based on the selected options, state/community rank obtained and availability of seats. So students are advised to enter as many options as possible. If students is allotted seat based on the preference, the seat should be taken by the candidate. If student does not pick that seat, he/she will not be able to participate in further rounds of counselling.
The CEE will conduct Trial Allotment before the Ist phase of allotment
to give an idea about the allotment of seat based on selected choice of the candidate. Kindly note that, trial allotment do not guarantee seat during the actual Ist Phase allotment.
Ist Phase Allotment
After the choice selection period ends, seats are allotted to candidates based on their community rank/state rank. After allotment, student can download the allotment memo which will contain the allotted college and the fees to be paid to confirm the allotment.
The tuition fees specified in the allotment memo should be either paid online of through specified post offices in Kerala.
Fees receipt given by Post office/generated online should be taken along with all the other original documents while reporting to the medical college for joining formalities.
IInd Phase Counselling
Students who do not join the allotted college in Ist round of counselling can participate in second Phase Counselling. Second counselling will be conducted by CEE for unfilled seats in first round and for newly added MBBS seats. Students are allowed to rearrange their choices during the second round counselling but they cannot add new colleges to the choice list. After choice filling, seats are allotted based on their preference.
Mopup Round Counselling:
Penalty: If any candidate admitted under Government Quota Seats in the Government/Self financing Medical college allotted by the CEE for MBBS course discontinues after the last round of counselling to join any other college, the candidate is liable to pay penalty charges of Rupees 10 Lakhs and debarred from participating in Admission counselling for next two years.
Eligibility for Kerala State Counselling
Admission to MBBS, BDS, and allied Courses will be based on NEET-UG 2020. All candidates who want to participate in Kerala State Counselling for the seat allotment in Medical & Allied Courses in Kerala State should qualify NEET-UG examination.
Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English under Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala or recognized equivalent such as CBSE and secured a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Biotechnology are eligible to apply.
As on 31-Dec-2020, candidates should have completed 17 years of age.
For candidates who belong to SEBC/SC/ST, the minimum marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-Technology taken together is reduced to 40% instead of 50%. For PWD Quota, the minimum marks is reduced to 45%.
Domicile Rules and Categories:
Candidates seeking admission to Medical courses are categorized as Keralite, Non-Keralite Category I (NK I) and Non-Keralite Category II (NK II). Kerala conducts counselling for Government Quota seats in Government colleges as well as Management Quota seats in Self-financing Medical Colleges.
(A) Keralite Category : A candidate of Kerala origin as well as Children of All India Service (AIS) officers from any state origin but allotted to Kerala come under Keralite Category. Candidate of Kerala origin are only eligible for Communal/Special reservation or any fee concession.
(B) Non-Keralite Category I (NK I): A candidate who fulfills anyone of the following conditions will be categorized as ‘Non-Keralite Category I'(NK I). There is no community/special reservation/fee concession for this category students.
- Studied Qualifying course in Kerala and son/daughter of parents who work for Government of India posted in Kerala.
- Qualifying course in Kerala and son/daughter of parents who served in Kerala Government for a minimum period of two years.
- Resident of Kerala State for a period of 5 (five) years during the study.
- Studied in Kerala from standard VIII to XII.
(C) Non-Keralite Category II [NK II]:
Candidates who do not belong to above two categories namely ‘Keralite’ or ‘Non-Keralite
Category I’ come under this category ‘Non-Keralite Category II’. Candidates under this category are not eligible for admission to Medical courses in Government colleges. Students from this category are eligible to apply for the open quota management seats in self financing private medical colleges in Kerala. 15% of Management Seats of private medical colleges are allotted to student irrespective of the domicile of the student.
MBBS Seat Reservation
As per the prevailing mandatory reservation principle, communal reservation percentage are given below. All Seats in government colleges and private colleges are allotted based on the communal reservation after excluding seats which come under the special reservations such as NCC, etc.
- (A) State Merit (SM) – 60%
- (B) Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) – Total = 30%
- Ezhava (EZ) – 9%
- Muslim (MU) – 8%
- Other Backward Hindu (BH) – 3%
- Latin Catholic and Anglo Indian (LA) – 3%
- Dheevara and related communities (DV) – 2%
- Viswakarma and related communities (VK) – 2%
- Kusavan and related communities (KN) – 1%
- Other Backward Christian (BX) – 1%
- Kudumbi (KU) – 1%
- (C) Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes – Total = 10%
- Scheduled Castes (SC) – 8%
- Scheduled Tribes (ST) – 2%
Special Reservation Quota
- Ex-servicemen Quota (XS): Six seats are reserved
- Dependent of Defense Personnel Missing or Killed or Disabled (DK): Five seats are available in government medical colleges.
- Serving Defense Personnel (SD): Two seats are available.
- CAPF (RP): Seats are reserved for sons/daughters of personnel serving in Central Armed Police
Force/Dependent of Armed Police Force Personnel Killed/Missed/Disabled in Action.
- Jewish (JW) Quota: 1 seat is reserved under this quota.
- Degree holders in Ayurveda (DA): Seven seats are reserved for Degree holders in Ayurveda
- Degree holders in Homeopathy (DH): Four seats in the MBBS course are reserved for degree holders in Homeopathy
- Nurse-Allopathy (NQ): One seat is reserved for Nurses working for Government of Kerala
- Sports Quota (PI & PT): Three seats under Individual (PI) and four seats under Team Event(PT) are available for sports person.
- NCC Quota (CC): Two seats are reserved for National Cadet Corps.
- Reservation for Persons with Disabilities (PD): Five % of the seats available are reserved for candidates with benchmark disabilities who have minimum of 40% disability for all courses in Govt./Aided Colleges
- EWS Quota: A total of 130 seats are reserved for EWS Quota in Government colleges.
- Govt of India Nominees: 24 seats are reserved for nominations
MBBS Seat Matrix – Kerala State
Kerala State has 10 medical colleges run by state government and 19 self-financed private medical colleges. Kerala has one deemed university which contains 100 MBBS seats.
|List of Medical Colleges||Type||Total Seats|
|T D Medical College, Alappuzha||Govt||175|
|Govt. Medical College, Ernakulam||Govt||110|
|Govt. Medical College, Kozhikode||Govt||250|
|Govt. Medical College, Parippally, Kollam||Govt||110|
|Govt. Medical College, Pariyaram, Kannur||Govt||100|
|Govt. Medical College, Kottayam||Govt||175|
|Govt. Medical College, Manjeri, Malappuram||Govt||110|
|Govt. Medical College, Palakkad||Govt||100|
|Govt. Medical College, Thrissur||Govt||175|
|Govt. Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram||Govt||250|
|Al-Azar Medical College,Thodupuzha, Idukki||Private||150|
|Amala Institute of Medical Sciences||Private||100|
|Azeezia Institute of Medical Science||Private||100|
|Believers Church Medical College||Private||100|
|DM Wayanad Institute of Medical Sciences||Private||150|
|MES Medical College||Private||100|
|Sree Gokulam Medical College||Private||150|
|Jubilee Mission Medical College||Private||100|
|KMCT Medical College||Private||150|
|PK Das Institute of Medical Sciences||Private||150|
|Karuna Medical College||Private||100|
|Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church Medical College||Private||100|
|Malabar Medical College||Private||150|
|Mount Zion Medical College||Private||100|
|Pushpagiri Institute of Medical Science||Private||100|
|Sree Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences||Private||100|
|Dr. Somervell Memorial CSI Medical College||Private||100|
|SUT Academy of Medical Sciences||Private||100|
|Travancore Medical College||Private||100|
Documents Required for Counselling
As the counselling process is conducted online by CEE, Kerala, candidate needs to upload following documents during the registration process. Original Certificates along with attested photocopies are only verified as part of the joining formality after allotment.
- Date of Birth Proof : Birth Certificate / SSLC Certificate
- Nativity Proof: SSLC / Birth Certificate showing candidate/father or mother of the candidate was born in Kerala. For Non Keralite Categories, Certificate showing years of study, nature of work of father/mother and other necessary documents to prove their domicile category are required.
- Community Reservation: Candidates who apply under SEBC, OEC should upload Non-Creamy Layer Certificate obtained from the Village Offices along with community certificate. For SC/ST candidates, community certificate should be obtained from Tahsildar.
- Income Certificate: If you are applying for fee concession/scholarship/minority quota/EWS Quota, then you have to upload Income certificate obtained from Village Officer.
- The candidates who have already passed HSC/10+2 course must upload the mark list of the qualifying examination.
- Candidates seeking admission to NRI Quota seats should upload the required documents
- Passport copy and Valid Visa attested by the Embassy.
- Employment Certificate of Sponsor Attested by Embassy
- Relationship certificate of the sponsor and student to be issued by the revenue authorities. If educational certificate contains name of the sponsor(in case of father/mother) it is accepted as relationship certificate
- Sworn affidavit from the Sponsor in the stamp paper worth Rs. 200/- notarized by the Notary Public, mentioning that all educational expenses during the entire medical course period will be spent by the sponsor.
Note: Candidates seeking reservation under Persons with Disabilities (PwD) need not upload the Disability Certificate during the registration. They should obtain Disability Certificate from the District Medical Board certifying the percentage of degree of disability, before the State Medical Board constituted by the State Government.
NRI sponsor can be any one of
- Father/Mother/Brothers and Sisters (including first cousins)/Husband/Wife
- Brothers and Sisters (inclusive of first cousins) of Father or Mother
- Half Brother/Half Sister/Adopted Father or Adopted Mother working abroad
Last Year NEET 2019 Cut off for Kerala Govt Colleges
All India Quota NEET 2019 Cut off
|S.No||Category||AIR Cutoff||NEET Cutoff|
Kerala State Quota NEET 2019 Cut off – Govt Colleges
|S.No||Category||AIR Cutoff||SR Cutoff||CR Cutoff||Score Cutoff|
Kerala State Quota NEET 2019 Cut off – Private Colleges
|S.No||Category||AIR Cutoff||SR Cutoff||CR Cutoff||Score Cutoff|
If you want to know NEET score cut off for any government medical college or private medical colleges for Kerala State Quota/Management Quota along with Tuition Fees details, you can download MBBSCouncil Android App.
MBBS Admission Guidance - Low Fees
If you need guidance to get low fees(Rs 4 Lakhs/Year to Rs 8 Lakhs/Year) colleges, send whatsapp request 'GETMBBS' to 6382088809 along with your name and city. You can also enter your information below to get help