The All American Institute of Medical Sciences is a private medical school located in the former Great House of Invercauld in the city of Black River, Jamaica, founded in 2009. It was chartered by the government of Jamaica in 2011. The campus is a historic site of Invercauld Great House, set in landscaped gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea. AAIMS is designed to coordinate the resources needed to offer excellent medical education, leading to a generation of physicians who will serve the community and train lifelong learners committed to excellence, faith, leadership, and service. and vision. Achieving an international reputation as an excellent medical institute that excels in excellence, leadership, research, and innovation in the quality of teaching, in student learning and performance, and in dealing with communities.
Table of Contents
1. Quick Summary
2. Why Study MBBS in AAIMS
3. MBBS Course
4. Admission & Eligibility
5. Fee Structure
8. Affiliated Hospitals
9. How to Reach
|Rs 5,00,000 approximate per year.
|Rs 20,000 – Rs 30,000 approximate per month.
|In-Campus Hostel Available
|Indian Food Available
|Medium of Instruction:
|Duration Of Study:
|January, May, and September
|Recognition and Listing:
|Medical Council of India(MCI),
World Health Organisation(WHO),
Commission on Higher Education(CHED),
Medical Board of California(MBC),
United States Medical License Examination(USMLE),
Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research(FAIMER).
|All American Institute of Medical Sciences, 66 High Street, Black River, Jamaica, West Indies.
Why study MBBS in All American Institute of Medical Sciences (AAIMS)
- Excellent leadership and faculty
- Recognized by the Ministry of Education in Jamaica
- Listed in IMED / FAIRMER / WHO
- Temporary accreditation received from CAAM-HP
- The language is English.
- Clinical rotation in the USA / Canada / India and the Caribbean
- Does not require MCAT
- Integrated medicine curriculum
- Accredited by the Jamaican Ministry of Education
- Accredited by CAAM-HP (Caribbean Accreditation Office for Education in Medicine and other medical professions)
- Registered by the University of Jamaica Council as an Institute at a higher level.
- Listed in the World Medical Schools Catalog (WDMS)
- Listed in the International Medical Education Catalog (IMED)
- It is on the World Health Organization / AVICENNA list. Global catalogs of educational institutions for medical professions.
- Recognized by the Medical Council of Canada (MCC)
- Approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI)
- AAIMS is an institutional member of AMEE (Association for Medical Education in Europe)
The 4-year MD program for students is starting with five 16-week semesters in Jamaica and the sixth semester in Jamaica / USA. These first two years of the curriculum focus on basic science courses and their application in clinical medicine. Semesters start in January, May, and September, and students can begin their studies in any semester. In addition to didactic lectures, laboratory work, and problem-based learning; students visit the community and hospitals, practice history, and physical examination with patients in clinical simulation training rooms on our basic science campus. After completing five semesters, students undergo intensive training to pass the US Licensing Medical exam (USMLE Step 1) in the sixth semester, with the option of completing this training on our campus in Jamaica or the USA. Students are required to complete USMLE Step 1 to participate in the third year of clinical study under the MD program.
The Clinical Sciences Program will be carried out in years 3 and 4. During these years, students will be trained in the care and study of patients in hospitals. The training includes 96 weeks of clinical rotation in primary and elective patients. After completing the required clinical rotations, students must pass USMLE Step 2CK and CS exams, students will complete 3 and 4 years and graduate with an MD degree.
Admission Procedure and Eligibility
- Indian students need to qualified the NEET exam conducted by the National Testing Agency.
- The applicant must have completed 12th standard with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology by the recognized.
If you want to know more information about the other Medical Colleges in Abroad, please download the MBBSCouncil Android App. You can download the app by clicking here. This app provides counselling guidance for MBBS Admission.
- Print out the Application Form and Complete it with Sign and date the last page.
- Attach the needed documents such as Application fee of US$75.00 by check or bank draft payable to “All American Institute of Medical Sciences”. 6 passport size photographs, Two Letters of Recommendation. Official / Notarized copies of transcripts. A Personal Statement outlining your interest in medicine, goal, and the personal attributes which qualify you to be a physician.
- Mail the Application Package By Postal or Courier Service to the Admissions Department of All American Institute of Medical Sciences.
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified for an interview through phone or personal.
- Then acceptance letters mailed out to selected applicants.
- A $1,000 seat deposit required to secure your seat upon acceptance at AAIMS, for the applied enrollment semester/date. This seat deposit is non-refundable but is applied toward your 1st-semester tuition.
- Complete Accommodation Form and submit it to Student Services.
The below shown MBBS Program approximate tuition fees in AAIMS and may vary the rate subject to the current Exchange rate.
|I – Year
|II – Year
|III – Year
|IV – Year
The All American Institute of Medical Sciences campus is located in 5 acres of landscaped gardens, overlooking the Caribbean Sea, and the university environment is safe, well equipped, and equipped with the necessary equipment and alarms for fire detection. This campus has 40,000 square feet of built-up area, surrounded by a small classroom, personal attention, and the tools needed to succeed. AAIMS facilities offer fully equipped classrooms, exercise rooms, and laboratories with advanced computer and audiovisual systems. AAIMS adheres to the Integrated Medical Program with a combination of didactic lectures, laboratory work, plastinated specimens, problem-based learning, and hospital visits to incorporate basic sciences into clinical medical practice.
The AAIMS library has a huge collection of books for teachers, students, and staff supporting the teaching and learning process at school. In addition to printed books and newspapers, the library subscribes to several databases, providing access to hundreds of magazine titles. Other electronic materials are also available. This library has facilities that include a large reading room equipped with computers, some magazines, an academic room, a computer room, and a seminar room. The audiovisual center provides audiovisual equipment and materials to support instructional activities.
The All American Institute of Medical Sciences offers on-campus accommodation for students. They are equipped with an excellent security system. All buildings are well equipped with the necessary equipment and alarms for fire and smoke detection. In addition, the school has a dedicated security team that can be contacted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, as well as on-site cameras connected to the central and observatory with electronic security systems with monitoring connected to a security company. The hostel rooms are well equipped and comfortable. This includes a single room with single or double occupancy, depending on the size, as well as for students who wish to request single or special needs rooms. The mess of the hostel provides hygienic food with convenient restaurants. Indian dishes are also available for Indian students. A library and computer equipment are also available with internet access and Wi-Fi. This hostel offers recreational facilities with the necessary things.
The All American Institute of Medical Sciences offers sports and recreation for students with indoor and outdoor facilities. a swimming pool, gym are available, indoor games and tennis, basketball courts, etc. located on the college campus, overlooking the Caribbean Sea on the Block River.
All American Institute of Medical Sciences has affiliated university partners to the Southern Regional Health Offices and Regional Health Offices, providing students with experience at the Black River Health Department and May Pen Hospital. Here, students receive practical research and experience with developed learning sources and systems. The AAIMS primary education program is a four-year program leading to a Doctor of Medicine degree. Half of this time is spent in Jamaica in basic science, and the remaining 2 years are spent in related hospitals for a clinical rotation in the US / Canada / United Kingdom. AAIMS provided students with multi-level hospitals with good practical skills
How to Reach
The AAIMS campus is conveniently located in Black River, St. Elizabeth Parish, Jamaica. The nearest international airport is Sangster International Airport, in Montego Bay, located 75 km from our campus. Over 25 daily flights from the United States and Canada, all customs and immigration checks are processed locally, traveling between Jamaica and the USA is extremely easy. India’s Major International Airport like Indira Gandhi International Airport, Chennai International Airport, Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru, and Mumbai International Airport have flight services to Sangster International Airport.