In 1957, Chittagong Medical College and Hospital was established with an inauguration ceremony, this was present with Maiden Principal Professor Altaf Uddin Ahmed, Minister of Health and Social Welfare, Dhirendranath Datta, Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, Prime Minister Huseyn Shaheed Suhrawardy, District Magistrate MA Rashid, Police Super, Central Health Minister Zahiruddin. This Medical College is the largest medical college in Chittagong city and second largest Medical College in Bangladesh.
Table of Contents
1. Quick Summary
2. Why Study MBBS in Chittagong Medical College
3. Admission & Eligibility
4. Fee Structure
7. Affiliated Hospitals
8. How to Reach
||5,00,000 INR approximate per year
||15,000 to 20,000 INR approximate per month
||In-Campus Hostel Available
||Indian Food Available
|Medium of Instruction:
|Duration Of Study :
||Chittagong Medical College, 57, K.B. Fazlul Kader Road, P.S. Panchlaish, P.O, Chittagong 4203, Bangladesh
||Chittagong Medical College Hospital
|Total Beds Available :
||CMCH, Chittagong medical college, Medical College in Chittagong, Chittagong Government Medical College.
||University of Chittagong
||This Medical College is approved by Medical Council of India (MCI), Director General Health Service DGHS (Dhaka) & Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BM&DC)
Why Study MBBS in Chittagong Medical College
- Chittagong Medical College one of the leading medical college in Bangladesh, This medical college is approved by Medical Council of India (MCI), Director General Health Service DGHS (Dhaka) & Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- This medical college is one of the leading Government medical colleges in Bangladesh.
- This medical college is providing a very good atmosphere campus, secured hostel facilities. A multi-special treatment hospital is located inside the college which helps students while doing their clinical practice.
- This college has very low fees structure, totally 30000 to 35000 USD for MBBS Course.
Admission Procedure and Eligibility
- Applicant must have passed higher secondary certificate Examination or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as a major or compulsory subject.
- Applicant must have passed SSC(10th) or equivalent examination not before four years and HSC(12th) or equivalent examination not before two years and obtained average 75% or equivalent grade in secondary school certificate (SSC) and higher secondary certificate (HSC), Approx 65% in subjects separately, 4 GPA in SSC & HSC.
- All academic certificate must be transferred to Bangladesh standard, this process through the collection of Equivalence Certificate from DGHS Dhaka and Student Visa process through the embassy of Bangladesh.
- Students should be submitted in CMCH prescribed forms and attested copies of mark sheets and certificates etc. have to be furnished along with the application.
- The certificates and mark sheets must be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the respective country of the applicant’s academic institution.
- Without attestation, no application will be accepted. After this applicants will require to produce all academic certificates and mark sheets in original during their admission.
If you want to know more information about the other Colleges in Abroad, please download the MBBSCouncil Android App. You can download the app by clicking here. This app provides counselling guidance for MBBS Admission.
|| Tuition Fee (INR)
|| Tuition Fee (USD)
|One to Five years
|| 24,00,000 INR
|| 34,000 USD
The Chittagong Medical College campus has the well-structured building, the administrative building has a department of administration and library. This has started with include super-specialized, digitalized, laboratories. CMCH campus has amenities for the students like spacious lecture halls with digitalized facilities like projectors and AV facilities. This college has museums having all sort of specimen with well equipped and AV facilities contained the auditorium. This college has a demonstration room and dissection hall for medical practices, these are undertaken to demonstrate to the students.
CMCH library is situated on the first floor of the administrative building, this library has two reading rooms with seating capacity of 120 students. This library contains over 26000 books with 2800 titles and also with medical journals. The modernized computer labs with Internet connectivity to provide the students for exploring and learn which can be of utmost help for their research and projects.
Chittagong Medical College has been providing good hostel facilities for students, there are separated hostels available for male and female students. Hostel rooms are kept clean by the hostel sweepers and laundry is available. The adequate number of beds in the hostel and comfortable reading rooms are available. There are mess facilities and canteen with hygienic food and comfortable dining are available. Here Indian food is available. ATM and cafeteria are available.
CMCH has a sports complex and playground are available. The cultural activity centre is incorporated and dissemination of world-class educational services. This ensures the holistic development of students thereby raising it to the standards of an international hostel.
In 1957 Chittagong Medical College Hospital was established. This is started functioning at Anderkhilla general Hospital in Chittagong. Since 1960 this hospital started functioning in the present site with few outpatient services and only 120 beds. This is increased to 500 beds in 1969 and 750 beds in 1996. Now it has 1313 beds by the administrative approval in 2013. In early this has few departments. but now this has become one of the largest hospitals in the country and referral hospital in Chittagong. CMCH has six storied hospital building and Which is accommodates all the clinical departments and sub specialities.
This hospital serves the area of nearly 50000 sq-km and provides health care services to a larger population of 40 million. CMCH has special departments like Nuclear Medicine Centre for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes, an Endoscopy Unit, a kidney dialyzing unit, a Coronary care unit, a Model Family Planning Centre, a Centre for Extended Program for Immunisation are among the many facilities available to inpatients and outpatients. This hospital has the ability to serves 100 casualties and 20 mixed casualties during or after any disaster. CMCH has the most developed modern investigation facilities such as Angiogram, CT & MRI etc.
There is a One-stop Crisis Centre available to deal with domestic violence against women, sexual assault and acid burn etc. This hospital Burn unit has 25 beds and surgical units. There is well cared and the latest treatment facilities filled Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Coronary Care Unit (CCU) and Paediatric ICU(PICU) with Special care Neonatal unit available.
How to Reach
Chittagong Medical College and Hospital to Shah Amanat International Airport, Chittagong has 20.5 km with reaching the time of 50 min through Airport Road. From Chittagong Railway station to This Medical college has 4.4 km through C.R.B Road with reaching time of 15 min. BRTC bus stand is the nearest bus stand to this medical college, it has only 4.1 km with reaching the time of 15 min through CRB road. Badamtoli Circle Bus Stand is another one with 5.1 km through CDA Ave and Sheikh Mujib Road with reaching time of 22 min.