Davao Medical School Foundation is situated in Davao City, Philippines. It was established in the year of 1976. DMSF is one of the oldest medical colleges in the island of Mindanao. Davao is a highly urbanised city and one of the fastest developing cities in Asia. Instruction, Research, and Extension are the main activities to achieve the mission of the college. The college offers medicine, dentistry, nursing, biology, midwifery courses and also super specialised courses like MCH, MHPED, MPD.
Table of Contents
1. Quick Summary
2. Why Study MBBS in DMSF
3. MBBS course
3. Admission & Eligibility
4. Fee Structure
7. Affiliated Hospitals
8. How to Reach
|Total MBBS Seats:
||Rs 3,80,000 approximate per year.
||Rs 25,000 – Rs 30,000 approximate per month.
||In-Campus Hostel Available
||Indian Food Available
|Medium of Instruction:
|Duration Of Study:
||Davao Medical College Foundation Hospital
|Recognition and Listing:
||Medical Council of India(MCI),
World Health Organisation(WHO),
Commission on Higher Education(CHED),
United States Medical License Examination(USMLE),
Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research(FAIMER).
||Nearly 7 Affiliated Hospitals are associated with Davao Medical School Foundation Philippines
||Davao Philippines, Davao Medical School Foundation Philippines.
||Davao Medical School Foundation, Bajada, Poblacion District, Davao City, Philippines.
Why Study MBBS in Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF)
- DMSF has secured 6th Place for the education in the Philippines country.
- Five hospitals are associated with this college.
- The medium of the instruction is English.
- It follows research-based teaching methods.
- More than 400 Indian students are studied in this medical college.
- Davao city receives the awards of “Best of the Liveable Cities in the Philippines” by the Department of Tourism.
- US based medical curriculum was followed.
- The duration of the MBBS course is 5.8 years in Davao.
- The first 1.8 years has a pre-medical course that contains biochemistry, physiology, philosophy of man, plant-morpho anatomy, general microbiology and radiation biology, animal physiology, entomology and immunology.
- After that, the 4 years have MD course which includes gross Anatomy, histology, neuroscience, primary health care, biostatistics, pathology, epidemiology, paediatrics, surgery, dermatology, radiology, Ob-Gynecology, and community medicine.
Admission Procedure and Eligibility
- Indian students need to qualified the NEET exam conducted by the National Testing Agency.
- The students who have passed 12th standard and got more than 50% of the minimum marks in physics, chemistry, and biology or equivalent courses.
- The applicants are attained 17 years on or before 31st December of the admission year.
If you want to know more information about the other Medical Colleges in Abroad, please download the MBBSCouncil Android App. You can download the app by clicking here. This app provides counselling guidance for MBBS Admission.
The applicant should submit the needed documents as:
- Birth certificate
- Original copies of passport
- Transcript of records from school last studied
- Student visa or special study permit
- Foreign student’s admission fee
- Psychological clearance
- Good moral certificate
- NBI clearance
- NCA clearance
Those certificates are must be authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), Philippines.
Approximate tuition fees in Davao Medical School Foundation, Philippines this fees structure may vary from the current currency rate.
|I – Year
|II – Year
|III – Year
|IV – Year
|V – Year
Davao medical school foundation is one of the best medical colleges in Philippines country. It consists of the lecture halls, laboratories, demonstration hall, fully air-conditioned auditorium, dissection hall, canteen, and hospital. The DMSF hospital covers an area of 10000 square meters on the campus. The lecture halls are well-furnished, gallery types seating arrangement with AV aids and air-conditioned facility. E-class rooms are obtainable. The Laboratories are equipped with modern gadgets, all these are maintained by well-trained technicians. The demonstration halls are displays with specimens and catalogues for the anatomy classes.
Davao medical school foundation has two libraries on the campus. The main library is located in the administrative block of the college and annexe library is on the nursing department. Both of these libraries are operated with a standard library automation system for a favourable way of access and retrieve the data. The library consists of more than 50000 medicinal material and bibliographic citation. E-library facility with a computer is available for accessing international journals that help to gain the knowledge of students and researchers. The functioning hours of these libraries are from 7.30 am to 10.00 pm. The timing will be extended on the examination weeks.
Davao medical school foundation provides hostels with a canteen for international students. The cafeteria is available with Indian foods.
The DMSF has separate hostels for girl and boys. The students are supervised by male and female wardens for boys and girls respectively. The rooms are furnished with study table, cupboard, and attached bathroom facility. Air-conditioning and non-air-conditioning rooms are available with single, double and triple cots regarding students choice. The hostels have separate mess with dining hall and visitors hall with parking facility.
The Davao medical college encourages sports activities for the student refreshment. Indoor stadium, outdoor stadium, and gymnasium hall are available with ample playfields. Outdoor games are volleyball, basketball, and indoor games like tennis, carrom etc.,
Davao medical school foundation hospital was associated with the Davao Medical college. The hospital provides multi-speciality services in the medical and surgical departments. DMSF hospital is 4 storey building and it offers 100 beds capacity, 60 private rooms, two suite rooms. The facade consists of a glass curtain, that makes a scenic view of the city. At the same node Mt. Apo gives an exhilarating view. The medical centre provides a wide range of clinical services in Neurosciences, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Ophthalmology, Surgery, Physical Medicine, Orthopaedics, and Rehabilitation. The laboratories provide radio-logical and diagnostic investigations.
- Davao Doctor’s Hospital – The DDH is the largest and modern hospital on the island of the Mindanao. The specialisation of the hospital is cardiovascular medicine, neurology and neurosurgery, cancer, ophthalmology, and digestive and liver diseases. It has 250 beds. The DDH is located in problacion district, Davao city.
- San Pedro Hospital – The SPH is a non-profit training institute in the region. It is owned and managed by Dominican Sisters of the Trinity.
- Southern Philippines Medical Center – It is a Government hospital in the southern Philippines. It is situated in the bajada, Davao city.
- Broken Shire Memorial Hospital – This is one the largest tertiary specialised hospital in the Philippines. It is famous for diagnostic and therapeutic.
How to Reach
The Philippines is one of the populated archipelago countries in southeast Asia. Davao is the main region and most populous city of the island Mindanao. Davao medical school foundation has 9 kilometres distance from the Francisco Bangoy International Airport, Davao. The local transport services are available to connect the nearest cities. Davao city overland terminal transport is 4 kilometres away from the college with a travelling time 8 minutes.