In 1958 Grodno state Medical University(GrSMU) established, In order to improve the health service and to provide medical training and research in western region of Belarus. In accordance with the Decree of the BSSR Council of Ministers and the order of Ministry of Health of the Belorussian Grodno University start for the academic with 250 students.
The university has remarkable history that remembers those who took part such as Scientists and doctors from Russia, Ukraine, Baltic States, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan helped with the creation of the new institute. Despite considerable difficulties, the university was gradually developing and presently the number of Medical staff increased by 10 times. GrSMU is worthy of note that the trains not only physicians but also researchers and the teaching staff for its own needs.
In 1995, GrSMU started for academic session for International students studying at the university. Later, In 2003 the university has been providing whole period training in English studying and now the Institute has 750 international students from 35 countries of the world.
Table of Contents
1. Quick Summary
2. Why Study MBBS in GrSMU
3. MBBS Course
4. Admission Procedure & Eligibility
5. Fees Structure
8. Affiliated Hospitals
9. How to Reach
|Total MBBS Seats:
||Rs 3,00,000 approximately per year,
||Rs 6,000 – 10,000 approximately per month,
||In-Campus Hostel Available
||Indian Food Available
|Medium of Instruction:
||English, Russian, Belarusian
|Duration Of Study:
||Grodno State Medical University<http://eng.grsmu.by/
|Recognition and Listing:
||Medical Council of India(MCI), World Health Organisation(WHO)
||14 Affilated hospitals are associated with the Grodno State Medical University.
||GrSMU, Grodno State Medical University.
||Grodno State Medical University, Gorkogo, 80 Street, Grodno – 230009, Belarus.
Why Study MBBS in GrSMU
- Grodno city is more comfort living atmosphere and ideal place for studying.
- Grodno State Medical University is one of the leading and first higher educational institution medical universities in the Republic of Belarus.
- GrSMU degree is recognized by the MCI, WHO, ECFMG.
- The University is one of the world’s best 500 universities.
- Grodno Medical students have lots of opportunities to do their clinical practice in any country.
- At present, 531 international students are studying in this university from 30 countries from across.
- The university graduates are get confirm placement in different countries such as Australia, Britain, Germany, India, Pakistan, Poland, Syria etc…
- Gomel State Medical University offers MBBS Course in duration of 6years with taught of English medium
- Gomel State Medical University has 34 Medical Stream departments with highly qualified professors & associate professors and other sciences worked staff.
Admission Procedure and Eligibility
- To getting admission at Gomel State Medical University, the applicants should qualified in NEET examination.
- The applicants should complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- The candidate must score 70% marks in their 12th standard with CBSE / ISC or any other Equivalent Board of Examination.
- In science subjects of physics, chemistry and biology with have to get 70% of marks along with 70 marks scored in English.
- Academic year start from the month of September in this Grodno Medical University.
- Application form for the respective college/university.
- Passport (original & copy)
- Identity proof for the applicant (original & copy)
- 6 photos with prescribed format (3 x 4 сm)
- Original birth certificate & a notarized copy of the birth certificate.
- Medical health certificate issued from the state public health authorities of the respective country for the candidates.
- Secondary/Degree/Diploma’s education certificates from school or college. (original & copy)
- All of the mentioned documents should be notarized in Belarusian/Russian languages.
- On the time of admission, international students are interviewed, and it is compulsory for other country foreign students.
Grodno State Medical University, MBBS course tuition fees are shown as below, which is approximately and will vary as per current money exchange. (BR-Belarusian Ruble)
|I – Year
|II – Year
|III – Year
|IV – Year
|V – Year
|VI – Year
NEET 2019 Cutoff Details – AIQ and State Quota
If you want to know more information about the other Abroad colleges and Indian Colleges can be found by download this MBBSCouncil Android App. This mobile App will updated regularly to Provide college details of Abroad & India, All India Rank, State Rank, Category Rank and NEET score of the candidate by college wise. Also, this app will provides counselling guidance for MBBS Admission.
The Grodno Medical University campus giving a safe & comfortable environment to the students, the students can feel homely atmosphere.
Grodno State Medical University has the biggest medical library. It includes over 420000 copies of textbooks as well as other learning materials like CD’s & DVD’s, medical journals and periodicals. The GrSMU library has a separate reading hall, with the availability of 20 computers. It’s connected with the internet for the benefit of online users. Students and staffs can use these online database services for accessing the digital catalogues and biomedical database. Also, digital library facilities are available in GrSMU.
Separate hostel facilities are available for both boys & girls students. The hostel rooms are available on the basis of sharing. 2 or 3 students are allowed to stay in a room. There are 4 student hostels are available in the nearest main building of the university. In the GrSMU hostel accommodates up to 1840 students. Also, fully furnished flat type of hostels are situated in the main building. It consists of a kitchen and attached bathroom and toilet. The hostel room consists of a heater & air-conditioning facility. Cost of the accommodation is 800-USD per year, for the international students.
As well as, other country TV channels and separate dining rooms are available for international students. The maintenance personnel’s are keeping the hostels clean on a daily basis. All of the GrSMU students are advised to strictly follow the rules and regulations.
Indian foods are available in Grodno universities to the students. And it serves both veg and non-vegetarian foods for the students. Also, there is a cafe/canteens available on the university campus. This canteen serves rich variety of foods to the students. Separate kitchen facilities are available for the self-cooking students. In these kitchens, they can make their own foods for their own tastes.
Grodno State Medical University cares too much about the student’s health, so it belives it can be done through sports/physical activity. So, it offers sports & game facilities for the benefit of Grodno’s students. Grodno university has good sports facilities such as basketball, football, volleyball, table tennis, ball-badminton and indoor-outdoor games.
Also, GrSMU has other activities like judo, wrestling, power-lifting, kettlebell lifting and bodybuilding with the training room for workouts. The university campus has 2 large gyms, swimming pools, playground with track facilities. GrSMU students are participating in the regional level of sports competitions. The sports club coordinates all kind of sports activities and this university student’s won their prizes at the regional level in republic games.
There are 14 Affiliated Hospitals are associated with this Grodno State Medical University You can see the hospitals by clicking here. Which means the Grodno students having lots of opportunities to do their clinical practice in these hospitals. These are 4 main hospitals, it offers the service to the students and patients.
- Province Clinical Hospital,
- Clinical Emergency Hospital,
- Municipal Clinical Hospital,
- Province Hospital for Infectious Diseases.
How to Reach
Grodno city is one of the oldest regions in the Republic of Belarus. The climates is mild humid winter and warm humid summer and average temperature in January is -6°C (21°F), in July – +18°C (64.5°F). Belarus also enjoys 75-125 days of snow each year, with falls ranging from 15 to 30cm.
The Nearest International Airport of the college is Minsk National Airport and has a direct flight service from India, Indira Gandhi International Airport(Delhi) with flying duration of 8:40 hrs. In Addition, There is domestic airport called Ayeroport Grodno which is located 30Km distance from the college. Moreover, Grodno city has connects other regions with Road and Rail networks which can be easy access to the college.