Kathmandu Medical College and Teaching Hospital (KMCTH) is situated in Kathmandu city at the Nepal country, it is established in the year of 1997. It is one of the best private medical colleges in Nepal. This KMC college offers MBBS Courses with 4 and ½ years and 1-year compulsory internship after clearing the final examination.
Table of Contents
1. Quick Summary
2. Why Study MBBS in KMC
3. MBBS Course
4. Admission Procedure & Eligibility
6. Fees Structure
8. Affiliated Hospitals
9. How to Reach
|Total MBBS Seats:
||Rs 8,00,000 approximate per year.
||Rs 10,000 – 15,000 per month.
||In-Campus Hostel Available
||Indian Food Available
|Medium of Instruction:
|Duration Of Study:
||5 ½ Years
|Recognition and Listing:
||Medical Council of India(MCI), World Health Organisation(WHO)
||Kathmandu Medical College And Teaching Hospital.
|Average Daily Out-Patients:
||800 per day
|Total Beds Available:
||Medical Council of Nepal, Medical Council of India, Sri Lankan Medical Council, and also General Medical Council in the UK.
||Kathmandu Medical College and Teaching Hospital.
||KMCTH, Clinical Science Complex, Sinamangal Road, Kathmandu-44600, Nepal.
||+977-1-4469064 / 4476152
Why Study MBBS in KMC
- Kathmandu Medical College is one of the listed colleges in the “World Directory of Medical School” approved by the WHO.
- The MBBS program is a four and a half year course followed by a compulsory internship training of one year.
- KMC college is affiliated with Kathmandu University.
- This college is fully recognized by the Medical Council of Nepal, Medical Council of India, Sri Lankan Medical Council, and also General Medical Council in the UK.
- The academic years are a focus on basic medical science with interdepartmental integration as well as clinical and community correlation.
There are various courses and specialization courses are offered by this Kathmandu Medical College.
- MBBS (Undergraduate)
- MS/MD (Postgraduate)
- MCh (Superspeciality)
- BDS (Dentistry)
The MBBS course starts in August / September months in every academic year. MBBS course in KMC is divided into 3 Phases such as:
- The first year holds 2 years of duration it includes ( Community Medicine & Basic Medicine with Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology )
- The second year is holding 1 year duration it includes ( Forensic Medicine, General Medicine, and Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics, Pediatrics )
- The third Year holds 1 ½ year duration it includes ( ENT, Orthopedic, Dentistry, Psychiatry, Dermatology, Radiology, Anesthesiology and Emergency Medicine )
Admission Procedure and Eligibility
- Kathmandu Medical College intakes 100 MBBS seats of admission per year.
- The Candidates have to complete 17 years of age at the time of their admission these are the following eligibility for applying for the MBBS course in KMC.
- The students have to Complete their studies in 10and +2 exams or Intermediate of Science (I.Sc) or equivalent qualification.
- English, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as the main subjects and they have to score 50% marks in each subject.
If you want to know more information about the other Colleges in Abroad, please download the MBBSCouncil Android App. You can download the app by clicking here. This app provides counselling guidance for MBBS Admission.
- Getting a seat into this KMC college the students need to pass the entrance exam, it is applicable for everyone.
- Including the foreign students have to pass the entrance exam for getting admission in this college.
- All of the information and detail is available in the College’s official website.
- Applications should be received from the eligible students for the MBBS course is the month of April to August at the current year.
- MBBS Program approximate tuition fees in Kathmandu Medical College:
- This is the approximate tuition fees for the total five and half years course.
|First – Five year approximate tuition fees
The basic sciences building at Duwakot complex is twenty minutes away from the teaching hospital premises at Sinamangal and it is connected by the transport facilities. There has students studied from India, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, and the USA. The college complex holds with the library, canteen, examination hall, two lecture hall is equipped with the audio-visual facility, the seating capacity of the hall is 150.
Kathmandu Medical College has libraries with two sections – one for Basic Sciences and the other for Clinical Sciences. The library holds with an adequate number of textbooks, scientific and medical journals. the library provides the Internet and E-mail connection with photocopying materials it makes easier for the students and staff to retrieve the information that they want. The libraries also providing computer-based learning through videos and CD-ROMs.
Hostel facility is provided for the benefit of the students at two locations. The Duwakot hostel complex accommodates 400 students. The canteen provides both vegetarian and non-vegetarian. KMC has two girls’ hostel at Sinamangal complex. There are two hostels at Sinamangal for girls. All the girl’s students of clinical depts and basic science are accommodated here. A lady warden is responsible for the girl’s hostel. This hostel is located at walking distance from the hospital. All of the students of KMC to stay in the hostel are accommodated here. Mess facilities are available in both hostels.
KMC college has playing fields at Duwakot, and it offers sports like cricket, volleyball, football, basketball, badminton and table tennis, And a multipurpose hall for indoor sports activities.
Transport & Canteen Facility:
This college providing the transport facility through the college buses for the benefit of the staffs and students. KMC providing a spacious, canteen for the benefit of the students. Canteen facility is available for students and staffs. It operates during college hours.
This Medical College is associated with the ” Kathmandu Teaching Hospital ” is situated at the Sinamangal complex. It handles approximately 800 outpatients daily on an average. The total bed strength for the patients is 900 beds. Kathmandu Teaching Hospital provides ( 24×7 – inpatient & outpatient services, casualty services, emergency services, ICU, MICU, ICCU, SICU, NICU, RICU, PICU and also Speciality services ) services clinical departments. This hospital has 9 operation theatres which conduct major and minor operations for the benefit of the patients.
How to Reach
Kathmandu Medical College is situated in Kathmandu city in the country of Nepal. Tara Hall Chowk bus station and railway station is the nearest bus & railway station at KMC, it is located at a 1-kilometre distance away with the travel time of 10 minutes. This medical college is located 1 kilometre away from the Tribhuvan International Airpor with the arriving time of 5 minutes.