Kerala Medical Seats reserved categories and Quotas
For Govt colleges seats are reserved for 15% AIQ and 85% seats to State Counseling
For Non Private colleges 70% seats for State Management Quota, 15% seats for ALL India Merit Category and 15% seats to NRI category.
If Minority Based private colleges has reserved its seats for 30 to 50% to particular Minority and 15% seats for AM Category, 15% for NRI (NRI Minority)and balance seats are went to State management quota.
MBBS Seat Reservation
As per the prevailing mandatory reservation principle, communal reservation percentage are given below. All Seats in government colleges and private colleges are allotted based on the communal reservation after excluding seats which come under the special reservations such as NCC, etc.
- (A) State Merit (SM) – 60%
- (B) Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) – Total = 30%
- Ezhava (EZ) – 9%
- Muslim (MU) – 8%
- Other Backward Hindu (BH) – 3%
- Latin Catholic and Anglo Indian (LA) – 3%
- Dheevara and related communities (DV) – 2%
- Viswakarma and related communities (VK) – 2%
- Kusavan and related communities (KN) – 1%
- Other Backward Christian (BX) – 1%
- Kudumbi (KU) – 1%
- (C) Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes – Total = 10%
- Scheduled Castes (SC) – 8%
- Scheduled Tribes (ST) – 2%
Special Reservation Quota
- Ex-servicemen Quota (XS): Six seats are reserved
- Dependent of Defense Personnel Missing or Killed or Disabled (DK): Five seats are available in government medical colleges.
- Serving Defense Personnel (SD): Two seats are available.
- CAPF (RP): Seats are reserved for sons/daughters of personnel serving in Central Armed Police
Force/Dependent of Armed Police Force Personnel Killed/Missed/Disabled in Action.
- Jewish (JW) Quota: 1 seat is reserved under this quota.
- Degree holders in Ayurveda (DA): Seven seats are reserved for Degree holders in Ayurveda
- Degree holders in Homeopathy (DH): Four seats in the MBBS course are reserved for degree holders in Homeopathy
- Nurse-Allopathy (NQ): One seat is reserved for Nurses working for Government of Kerala
- Sports Quota (PI & PT): Three seats under Individual (PI) and four seats under Team Event(PT) are available for sports person.
- NCC Quota (CC): Two seats are reserved for National Cadet Corps.
- Reservation for Persons with Disabilities (PD): Five % of the seats available are reserved for candidates with benchmark disabilities who have minimum of 40% disability for all courses in Govt./Aided Colleges
- EWS Quota: A total of 130 seats are reserved for EWS Quota in Government colleges.
- Govt of India Nominees: 24 seats are reserved for nominations
||All Christian Minority
||All India Merit
||National Cadet Corps
||Son/Daughter of Defence Killed
||Economically Weaker Section
||Economically Weaker Section ESI
||Economically Weaker Section Physically Challenged
||General Physically Handicapped
||Latin Catholic and Anglo Indian
||NRI Christian Minority
||NRI Muslim Minority
||NRI Deemed General
||Other Backward Class
||Other Backward Class ESI
||Other Backward Class Physically Challenged
||Scheduled Caste ESI
||Scheduled Caste Physically Handicapped
||Son/Daughter of Serving Defence
||Son/Daughter of X-Service Men