Kharkiv National Medical University was founded in 1805 in Kharkiv city Ukraine. KNMU is one of the best and oldest higher educational establishments of Ukraine and it is one of the best choices for international students. This is formerly known as Kharkiv University institution then renamed in Kharkiv Medical Institute and Kharkiv State Medical University and presently it is Kharkiv National Medical University. This provides Graduates fulfilling their wishes in the Educational field like Medical, Pharmaceutical, Economical, Educational, medical research, and Cultural Spheres. Over 4600 students are studying in KNMU. According to Ukrainian News Media, the KNMU IS ranked as the top Ukrainian Government University chosen by foreign medical students.
Table of Contents
1. Quick Summary
2. Why Study MBBS in KNMU
3. MBBS Course
4. Admission & Eligibility
5. Fee Structure
8. Affiliated Hospitals
9. How to Reach
|Rs 5,00,000 approximate per year.
|Rs 30,000 – Rs 50,000 approximate per month.
|In-Campus Hostel Available
|Indian Food Available
|Medium of Instruction:
|Duration Of Study:
|Recognition and Listing:
|Medical Council of India(MCI),
World Health Organisation(WHO),
Commission on Higher Education(CHED),
Medical Board of California(MBC),
United States Medical License Examination(USMLE),
Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research(FAIMER).
|Kharkiv National Medical University,Ukraine
|Kharkiv City Student Hospital, Kharkiv Regional Hospital and other affiliated hospitals and clinics.
| Kharkiv National Medical University, 4 Nauky Ave, Kharkiv, 61022, Ukraine
|KNMU, Kharkiv National Medical University Ukraine, Kharkiv National Medical College, National Medical University of kharkiv.
Why study MBBS in Kharkiv National Medical University(KNMU)
- Kharkiv national medical university degree is valid for throughout world
- KNMU is a recognized university approved by the medical council of India
Approved by (GMC)general medical council, WHO, EC (European council), international medical council directory and health ministry of Ukraine
- Kharkiv national medical university is the oldest university in Kharkiv Ukraine
- Kharkiv national medical university admission process is very simple
- KNMU instruction of medium in English and Ukraine.
- The total tuition fees of Kharkiv National Medical University is low and affordable for Indian Students.
- More than 4,000 Indian students are currently studying at Kharkiv, the highest in Ukraine. There is a big Indian community at Kharkiv.
- Indian mess is available to the students which provide both veg and non-veg food.
- Most of the Indian festivals are celebrated here and thus the students don’t feel that they are away from India.
- You don’t need to appear for any admission test such as IELTS or GMAT for admission to KNMU. However, qualifying NEET is compulsory.
- The degree awarded by the Kharkiv Medical University of Ukraine is Globally Recognised by International Bodies and Organisations such as the Medical Council of India (MCI), the World Health Organisation (AVICENNA Directory for Medicine), FAIMER, UNESCO, and AMEE.
- The medium of instruction is English for the entire course.
- The students who have completed their medical degrees from Kharkiv National University in Ukraine are eligible to apply for International Licensing Exams like MCI Screening Test, USMLE (USA), PLAB (UK), as well as other licensing exams taking place throughout the world.
Kharkiv National Medical University provides the Medical institute training within 6 years. KNMU institute academic year consists of 2 semesters, the first term starts in September and the second term starts in February. At the end of each semester the final control is provided, which means the students have to be passing the tests and examinations in all subjects. In the process of constant training at KNMU institute, the student’s progress is getting improved which means they have to attend all their classes for improving their knowledge, medical field service. End of the day the students complete their studies, they will get the graduation from the Kharkiv National Medical University. Then Kharkiv National Medical University provides its degree as Doctor of Medicine to the Students.
Admission Procedure and Eligibility
- Indian students need to qualified the NEET exam conducted by the National Testing Agency.
- The applicant must have completed 12th standard with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology by the recognized.
If you want to know more information about the other Medical Colleges in Abroad, please download the MBBSCouncil Android App. You can download the app by clicking here. This app provides counselling guidance for MBBS Admission.
The applicant should submit the needed documents as:
- Birth certificate
- Transcript of records from school last studied
- Foreign student’s admission fee
- Original copies of passport
- Psychological clearance
- Good moral certificate
- Student visa or special study permit
- NBI clearance
- NCA clearance
The below shown MBBS Program approximate tuition fees in KNMU and may vary the rate subject to the current Exchange rate.
|I – Year
|II – Year
|III – Year
|IV – Year
|V – Year
|VI – Year
Kharkiv National Medical University has a complex of modern buildings to provide the teaching process and well structured separated accommodation facilities, Study rooms, Laboratory, Library facilities. Kharkiv national medical University has 65 departments. The departments are well equipped with modern classrooms and have all the opportunities and facilities for high-quality training of students. The Departments, which provide the training for the 1st – 3rd-year students, are located in 4 buildings of the institute. The Educational-Scientific Centre of this Medical University is equipped with phantom techniques of education.
The Kharkiv national medical university campus has Lecture halls, Classrooms, Educational-Practical Pharmacy and Laboratories are equipped with Modern Technical Aids to ensure Educational Process and Scientific Work, and linked up with Internet Facilities and canteen facilities. This Medical University has the Central Research Laboratory and 4 problem laboratories. Here Educational Scientific Center is based on classrooms for phantom techniques of education with computerized classrooms and the Computer Center is available.
The library of Kharkiv National Medical University contained over 1 million copies of medical and English magazines, 11 separate reading rooms for students and teachers, and 2 electronic information rooms. The electronic catalog is constantly updated and students can obtain information on all clinical diagnoses of the latest discoveries. An important step towards an information exchange system with the international scientific community was the creation of the KNMU Repository, which is part of the electronic collection of the Scientific Library.
Kharkiv National Medical University Museum was founded in 1968. It was built in a 120 sq.m area in the Main Building of the University. KNMU Museum has exhibits exceeding 5,000 Specimens. In 2011 KNMU Museum got the title of “The Perfect Museum” by an order of the Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sports of Ukraine. This award for significant contribution to the education of young students, an increase of national culture, preservation of the historical heritage of the Ukrainian people and the Museum of the Foundation of Ukraine, promotion of historical, cultural and natural monuments. Mrs. PERTSEVA Zhanetta Nikolaevna is the head person of this museum. The Museum is open for Lecture and learning purposes from 9.00 a.m. till 4.00 p.m.
Kharkiv National Medical University offers extraordinary hostel facilities with fully furnished rooms, and the campus is located near the college. Accommodation is guaranteed for all the international students who receive an academic offer from the university. KNMU hostels feature 24-hour access to security and emergency services, making it easy to get assistance when you need it along with video-monitoring, hostel guard, discipline control to secure safety in the hostel. As a campus resident, you can also use all the services such as Campus Security, counseling services, and health services. 5 reading rooms in student dormitories for the hostel. There are more accommodation options based on the student’s preference, students can have single or sharing room facilities and Inside or Outside accommodation. All rooms and hostels provide CCTV monitoring systems, WIFI facilities, air conditioning, heater facilities available. Students start missing their families and home environment, as well as native food. Indian students are able to get their Indian cuisine from the canteen.
The Kharkiv National Medical University provides various kinds of sports activities, it’s also a part of the curriculum for the students. It helps to make them physically and mentally strong with enjoyment activities. Facilities offered by Sports Complex of Kharkiv National Medical University: Stadium (football, athletics), Halls for sports games (basketball, volleyball), Badminton, Table tennis, Tennis, Swimming pool, Gym, Class of chess, etc,
The Kharkiv National Medical University campus holds new multi-structural buildings for Medical Service. KNMU has more medical departments in various specialties for providing the service to the people. The Departments, which provide teaching clinical subjects, are located at the Scientific-Practical Medical Centre, Ukrainian Research and Practical Medical Centre of Obstetrics, Gynaecology, and Reproductology, Institute of Occupational Hygiene and Occupational Diseases of KNMU, Ukrainian Institute of Clinical Genetics, University Dental Centre of KNMU, 9 regional medical centers, 10 cities and 5 departmental medical units in Ukraine are available.
Affiliated hospital and centers:
- Kharkiv City Student Hospital
- Kharkiv Regional Hospital
- Kamal hospital
- City Clinical Hospital Institute of Dermatology and Venereology of Ukraine
- Children’s Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology
- 1st maternity hospital
- Medical Center University with a clinic
- Dental laboratory Pallas plus Kharkov
- Kharkiv Regional Children’s Clinical Hospital
- Medical Center Suite Healthy
- Likurals diagnostic center
How to Reach
Kharkiv is one of the largest cities in Ukraine and it is an urban city. The Kharkiv National Medical University is located 13 kilometers away from the travel distance of 25 Minutes to Kharkiv city. International Airport of Kharkiv is located 12km away from this University. Kharkiv is located 441 kilometers away from Ukraine with an arrival time of 6 hours and 41 minutes through roadways. Kharkiv has an airway facility from the capital city of Kyiv. Kyiv International Airport has regular passenger flights to Kharkiv.