Our Lady of Fatima University main campus is located in Valenzuela on the outskirts of Manila in the Philippines. It manages the St. Martin de Porres building and Our Lady of Fatima University College of Medicine building which is situated in the college of Dentistry and the College of Business and Accountancy. Fatima University Medical Center in Valenzuela is the institution partner of the College of Medicine.
In 1996, a second university campus was established in Quezon City. Since 1967 of its foundation, the University of Our Lady of Fatima has continuously provided high quality education to students. After then started OLFU as Our Lady of Fatima College of Nursing to become an Autonomous University status. It has proved its vision of ” Improving Man as Man” via providing widening education to students.
Another building on the Valenzuela campus is located near the National Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima. This place has the College of Hospitality and Corporate Management, College of Maritime Education and Department of Basic Education. The range of foreign students exposes students to various cultures and provides international community operation.
Table of Contents
1. Quick Summary
2. Why Study MBBS in OLFU
3. Admission & Eligibility
4. Fee Structure
7. Affiliated Hospitals
8. How to Reach
||Rs 21000 per month approximately
||In Campus Hostel available
||Indian Food available
|Medium of Instruction:
|Duration Of Study:
||Our lady of Fatima University
|Recognition and Listing:
||Medical Council of India(MCI),
World Health Organisation(WHO),
Commission on Higher Education(CHED),
Medical Board of California(MBC),
United States Medical License Examination(USMLE),
Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research(FAIMER).
||120 MacArthur Highway, Valenzuela, 1440 Metro Manila, Philippines
||+63 2 8291 6538
Why study MBBS in Our Lady of Fatima University College of Medicine
- Our Lady of Fatima University College of Medicine Philippines possesses the latter’s national program known as IQuAME (Institutional Quality Assurance through Monitoring and Evaluation) and was granted A(t) status from the Commission on Higher Education. This status proves OLFU was recognized as a “Mature Teaching Institution” on last February 15, 2009. IQuAME A(t) Status is permitted for only which institution provides the quality of education as its main goal.
- The OLFU provides Scholarships to students, Equity and Access, Relevance of Programs, Student Services, Networking and Linkages, Faculty Profile, Extension Programs, Income Generation and Use of Information and Communications Technology.
- Affiliated with more than one hospital around its place with Outstanding facilities, infrastructure, and resources conducive to learning and teaching.
- Our Lady of Fatima University has sent over 100 medical students for clinical practice to the Peninsula Hospital Center in New York, Jackson Park Hospital in Chicago and Harbor Hospital in Baltimore.
- OLFU’s Medical College is the first and only Philippine medical school to have a clerk training program from institution to institution with foreign hospitals.
- Our Lady of Medicine College of Fatima University is fully accredited by the New York State Department of Education, allowing its fourth-year students to offer their clerk positions at accredited training hospitals in New York; And hospitals within the boundaries of the Illinois State Board of Education, the Medical Council of Thailand Medical Council and the Maldives Medical Council. In addition, the Medical College is listed in the Directory of World Medical Schools (AVICENNA – formerly by WHO).
- It has a high passing rate in USMLE examinations.
- The tuition fee of the institution is easily affordable and also there is no need to pay donation/other charges.
- Our Lady of Fatima University College of Medicine offers 5 years MBBS course in the medium of both Language.
- The university provides quality education in the field of medicine program.
Admission Procedure and Eligibility
- Indian students need to qualify the NEET exam conducted by the National Testing Agency.
- The applicant must have completed 12th standard with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology by the recognized.
If you want to know more information about the other Medical Colleges in Abroad, please download the MBBSCouncil Android App. You can download the app by clicking here. This app provides counselling guidance for MBBS Admission.
The applicant should submit the following needed documents:
- Birth certificate
- Original copies of passport
- Transcript of records from school last studied
- Student visa or special study permit
- Foreign student’s admission fee
- Psychological clearance
- Good moral certificate
- NBI clearance
- NCA clearance
These certificates must be authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), Philippines.
The below shown MBBS Program approximate tuition fees in Our Lady of Fatima University College of Medicine and may vary the rate subject to current Exchange rate.
|I – Year
|II – Year
|III – Year
|IV – Year
|V – Year
NEET 2019 Cutoff Details – AIQ and State Quota
Our Lady of Fatima University has strong academic foundations and sophisticated technology integrated with strong value creation. There are Five campuses, namely Valenzuela City, Quezon City, Pampanga, Antipolo City, and Nueva Ecija complexes. These all campuses have new technology and unique facilities to assist students and teachers in their learning. The main campus of this university is located in Valenzuela City of Metropolitan Manila. It houses the College of Medicine Building and the St. Martin de Porres Building where the College of Dentistry and etc.. Valenzuela is the Fatima University Medical Center. This has finest and advanced facilities and practices that will provide the medical students comfortable learning experience.
This Medical college is housed in five buildings with lecture halls, seminar and conference rooms, Discussion halls, research and teaching laboratories, classrooms, amphitheater, library facilities with audio visual monitors, separate administrative offices of the departments and parking space. The latest sophisticated medical laboratory of this college has well developed and structured equipment that meets the standards of the Board of Medical Education. This Medical College’s computer laboratory is equipped with internet access to facilitate research work and networking of all medical students.
The Learning Resource Center is also called Our Resource Lady of Fatima University Library. The University’s administration decided to set up a resource center that would include all of the student’s learning materials. When a group of qualified librarians headed its development plan to transform the traditional library into a modern library. It has more than 2,00,000 books and Journals, Internet facilities with free wifi are available. In the same year, the acquisition of library materials intensified. The initial collection of 25,000 volumes was further increased as the department envisioned it to support student’s lifelong learning.
In 2008, Library Integrated Computer Automation (LISA) was acquired to make library transactions faster and more efficient. This is the first and current library system used by the Learning Resource Center. In 2015, the library’s name was changed to “Learning Resource Center” (LRC), under the direction of the OLFU president. The following year, the Cabanatuan Library’s fifth campus, the Nuova Ecija campus, was built as it opened its doors to its first enrolls.
The system is heading towards full computerization and is using OPAC (On-Line Public Access List) through the Library Integrated Computer Automation (Lisa) program. It also provides access to the Internet and CD-ROM facilities.
In 2007, Our Lady of Fatima University College of Medicine marked the opening of the Antipolo Campus to provide affordable but quality education to residents of Rizal and its surrounding communities. The University office can help find and choose the right type of housing to suit the needs of the students. The International Student Office serves as an information center that addresses the inquiries and concerns of international students such as academics, accommodation concerns, and Philippines culture. This Hostel is covered with 24 hours security guards along with CCTV cameras for the students’ safety. This medical college hostel has separate hostel facilities for both male and female students and also it has separate hostels provided for Indian students.
Accommodation rooms include beds, mattresses, two side tables, pillows, blankets, a wardrobe for a room and a table and chair for a room. Residents can receive a change of bed-sheet and pillow case. Students living in the hostel sign an annual contract and are expected to follow the accommodation rules. Hostels are provided with security agencies and police booths at the university.
In 2009, Juliet Santos Building was opened as the second building to manage the growing student population. It has the gymnasium with well trained coaches. Our Lady of Fatima University’s Sports Fest 2015 officially opened on August 14, 2015 at the Quezon City and Pampanga campuses, August 15, 2015 at the Valenzuela City Campus and August 20, 2015 at the Antipolo City Campus.
Most of the sports events are conducted in these 4 sportsfest. These are Basketball, Volleyball, Badminton, Table Tennis, Chess, Swimming and Dance Sports. Inter-campus competition’s open ceremony will be held in the Quezon City Campus Athletic Center. There are four students who got multiple medals in Swimming competition. Out of these, one student brought a total of eight Gold Medals and was twice selected as the Most Valuable Player.
Our Lady of Fatima Hospital was founded in 1967 by a professor of chemistry. Jose C. Olivares and his son-in-law, Dr. Vicent M.Santos who is an obstetrician. For the past 52 years, Fatima University Medical Center has been the leading provider of healthcare in the CAMANAVA (Caloocan, Malabon, Navotas and Valenzuela) areas. FUMC has established a reputation for excellent medical quality, patient satisfaction and superior service.
Fatima University Medical Center Valenzuela was started from a mere 25-bed general hospital. Now, it has grown to 200-bed tertiary care apart from dedicated to 1000+ beds in secondary and primary care facilities offering a variety of treatments and excellent care for its patients. The level of patient exposure that students can receive is higher than any government medical colleges and superior to other private colleges.
FUMC Antipolo opened its doors to the public in February 2018. It is a DOH-accredited tertiary hospital with 100 beds capacity and world class facilities. It is fully equipped with expert, board-certified medical professionals equipped with top of the line health management technology that is committed to improving and maintaining the patient’s health and well-being. Quezon City General Hospital is a 500 bed hospital with family medicine, gynecology, surgery, radiology, oncology. Fabella Hospitals has 500 Beds with OB And GYN, Pediatrics, Surgery. Children General Hospital Manila 600 Beds Newborns, Pediatrics, Pediatric Diseases.
How to Reach
Valenzuela is a nearby and easy access city from Manila and Metro Quezon. Buses and taxi trips are easy and abundant to the Valenzuela. Metro train terminals are available to reach the university. Light Railway transport serves Northwest to Southwest and Metro Rail Transit serves North to South which is only 15 to 25 minutes to travel from the campus.
MBBS Admission Guidance - Low Fees
If you need guidance to get low fees(Rs 4 Lakhs/Year to Rs 8 Lakhs/Year) colleges, send whatsapp request 'GETMBBS' to 6382088809 along with your name and city. You can also enter your information below to get help