Rajshahi Medical College is established in 1958. This is a government medical school situated in occupied 60 acres and the rest of the areas are covered by the college campus. This medical college hospital is the central provider for advanced health care in the northern part of Bangladesh.
Table of Contents
1. Quick Summary
2. Why Study MBBS in Rajshahi Medical College
3. Admission & Eligibility
4. Fee Structure
7. Affiliated Hospitals
8. How to Reach
||4,50,000 INR approximate per year
||15,000 to 20,000 INR approximate per month
||In-Campus Hostel Available
||Indian Food Available
|Medium of Instruction:
|Duration Of Study :
||Rajshahi medical college, Medical College Road, Rajshahi 6000, Bangladesh
||Rajshahi Medical College Hospital
|Total Beds Available :
||RMCH, Rajshahi Medical College Bangladesh, Medical College in Rajshahi, Medical college of Rajshahi University.
||University of Rajshahi
||This Medical College is approved by Medical Council of India (MCI), Director General Health Service DGHS (Dhaka) & Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BM&DC)
Why Study MBBS in Rajshahi Medical College
- Rajshahi Medical College one of the leading medical college in Bangladesh, This medical college is approved by Medical Council of India (MCI), Director General Health Service DGHS (Dhaka) & Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- This medical college is one of the leading Government medical colleges in Bangladesh with providing a very good atmosphere campus and secured hostel facilities. In addition, A multi-special treatment hospital is located inside the college which helps students while doing their clinical practice.
- This college has very low fees structure, totally 30000 to 35000 USD for MBBS Course.
Admission Procedure and Eligibility
- Applicant must have passed higher secondary certificate Examination or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as a major or compulsory subject.
- Applicant must have passed SSC(10th) or equivalent examination not before four years and HSC(12th) or equivalent examination not before two years and obtained average 75% or equivalent grade in secondary school certificate (SSC) and higher secondary certificate (HSC), Approx 65% in subjects separately, 4 GPA in SSC & HSC.
- All academic certificate must be transferred to Bangladesh standard, this process through the collection of Equivalence Certificate from DGHS Dhaka and Student Visa process through the embassy of Bangladesh.
- Students should be submitted in RMCH prescribed forms and attested copies of mark sheets and certificates etc. have to be furnished along with the application.
- The certificates and mark sheets must be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the respective country of the applicant’s academic institution.
- Without attestation, no application will be accepted. After this applicants will require to produce all academic certificates and mark sheets in original during their admission.
If you want to know more information about the other Colleges in Abroad, please download the MBBSCouncil Android App. You can download the app by clicking here. This app provides counselling guidance for MBBS Admission.
|| Tuition Fee (INR)
|| Tuition Fee (USD)
|One to Five years
|| 22,00,000 INR
|| 31,000 USD
Rajshahi Medical college has built over 30 acres. This college has 4 galleries with computer multimedia projector, nine well-equipped laboratories available. There is two museums, two dissection rooms and 1 autopsy room are available. A new pharmacology building was built in 1990 in RMC east side of the main premises. There is the sophisticated auditorium was built in 1995, fully air-conditioned and facility of 1000 seats. This auditorium is called “Kaiser Rahman Chowdhury Auditorium”. In 2010 there is a new building has been built to the north-east side of the main building for forensic medicine. RMC has two separated common rooms for students with needed facilities. Besides, This medical campus has a nursing institute at the college, premises.
Rajshahi medical college library has been containing approximately 19500 books including both new and old editions and also with 60 medical journals of both national and abroad. Medical education unit in the library provides all modern facilities with internet browsing. Research cell of RMC has been helping the students and doctors in research studies. This medical college teacher’s organization publishes a bi-annual medical journal named ‘TAJ’, this journal is recognized by BMDC.
Rajshahi Medical College is providing separated hostel facilities for students. It has two hostels for male students. These are called Shahid Muktijuddha Kaji Nurunnobbi hostel and Shahid Shah Mainul Ahsan Pinku hostel. Falguni, Polin and Ayesha Siddiqa hostels are providing accommodation for female students. Ayesha Siddiqa was inaugurated in 2006. There is Shahid Jamil Akhtar Raton hostel is for male and another separated hostel for female internee doctors. RMC has bus facilities for students this helps the students to reach the college and other service camps in the city.
The canteen in RMC was opened firstly beside the hospital kitchen, in 1963 it was shifted to the north side of the pathology department. In 1982 one-storied building was built for the canteen. This is now called as “Charu Mamar Canteen”. In 2006 another canteen was launched beside Pinku hostel.
Rajshahi medical college has a three-storied hospital building with 530 beds. This hospital was launched in April 1965. In 2012 another new four storied building has been built for this hospital in an empty space at the centre of the main building. This four storied new building has provided 352 new beds, six operation theatres with all facilities, one power substation and corridors to other buildings. The new building of RMCH has now 862 beds and north side of operation theatre has a building for 10 bed ICU in 2012.
In 2014 a burn unit and also with plastic surgery department was inaugurated at the same building. Coronary care unit in RMCH was set up in 1984. This unit was modernized to open the Cardiology department in 1990. This cardiology ward was extended with new facilities and shifted to the newly built four-storied building in 2014. This department has facilities like coronary angiogram and pacemaker implantation are working since 2007. In 1991 Nephrology and Neurosurgery department was constructed. Hemodialysis was started in 2004.
Neuromedicine department and Paediatric surgery were launched respectively in 1993 and 1994. For cancer treatment, the cobalt-60 machine service is available since 1996. Nuclear medicine department was developed in 1969. This hospital OCC centre was opened in 2002 to give medical and legal help to the oppressed women. MRI, CT scan, Radiology and Imaging department was started in 2005. There is Endoscopy and colonoscopy are done since 2007. In 1992 BDS course was launched here as a dental unit.
How to Reach
Rajshahi medical college and hospital has 3.0 km from Dhaka Bus Stand with reaching the time of 10 min through Auditorium Road and Bir Sreshtho Shaheed Captain Mohiuddin Jahangir Station Road. Rajshahi Bus Terminal to this medical college has 3.3 km with the reaching time of 15 min. The Nearest Railway Station to this medical college has 3.km with reaching the time of 10min. The University Railway Station to RMCH has 6.6km with reaching time of 25 min through station road. Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, Dhaka is the nearest international airport to this medical college.