Angeles University Foundation is a non-stock, non-profit educational institution founded by Mr. Agustin P. Angeles, Dr. Barbara Y. Angeles, and family on May 25, 1962. This University’s School of Medicine was started in June 1983 by the authority of the Board of Medical Education and the Department of Education with Dr. Rodolfo C. Dimayuga as founding dean, Dr. Presentacion C. Peralta as assistant dean and concurrently school secretary and a faculty of 18. The AUF-SOM was initially housed in the AUF San Lorenzo Ruiz Building then the construction of a new health sciences building was built. The Angels University Foundation’s Doctor of Medicine program is the only Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges, and Universities (PAASCU) accredited program in Central Luzon. The AUF SOM has provided outstanding performance in the Philippine medical board exam, Indian Medical Council Screening Test, and a 100% pass rate in the 2014 Nepal Medical Council Screening Test. It’s increased number of Indian students and International students at this University.
Table of Contents
1. Quick Summary
2. Why Study MBBS in AUFSM
3. Admission & Eligibility
4. Fee Structure
7. Affiliated Hospitals
8. How to Reach
||Rs 3,00,000 approximate per year.
|| 200 – 250 USD approximate per month.
||In-Campus Hostel Available
||Indian Food Available
|Medium of Instruction:
|Duration Of Study:
|| https://www.auf.edu.ph/ Angeles University Foundation
|Recognition and Listing:
||Medical Council of India(MCI),
World Health Organisation(WHO),
Commission on Higher Education(CHED),
Medical Board of California(MBC),
United States Medical License Examination(USMLE),
Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research(FAIMER).
||Angeles University Philippines
||AUF Medical Center,Jose B.Lingad Memorial Regional Hospital, Angeles City General Hospital, Veterans Memorial Medical Center, Talon General Hospital.
||Angeles University Foundation School Of Medicine,Philippines AUFSM Philippines, AUF Medical School, Medical Institute of Angeles University Foundation.
|| Angeles University Foundation School Of Medicine, MacArthur Highway, 2009 Angeles City, Philippines.
|| +63 045 625-2888,+63 045 625-2809
Why study MBBS in Angeles University Foundation School Of Medicine (AUFSM)
- Medical Student Council Medical Student Council AUF SOM is to serve as a joint voice of the student’s body, inspire innovation, promote cooperation, provide a forum for ideas and promote activities that will allow students to become the best doctors of the future.
- The Medical Society of the Surgical Mission in Angeles AMSMS is a social organization for medical students whose goal is to provide free medical care to poor patients.
- AUF SOM attracts more foreign students and is one of the most successful institutions in the production of doctors for healthcare professionals in the USA.
- AUF SOM is accredited by the Association of Philippine Medical Colleges, Philippines, Higher Education Commission-CHED, etc. It also received autonomous status.
- AUF SOM is approved and listed with MCI, WHO, WDOMS, ECFMG and FAIMER IMED-USA, MCC-Canada, GMC-UK, etc.
- AUF SOM is approved by State Medical Boards of New York, California, Illinois, etc meaning their graduates can practice in all the states in the USA.
- AUF Medical School is affiliated with the University of Angeles Medical Center (AUFMC) and many other hospitals with a total capacity of over 1000 beds for clinical rotation.
- The AUF SOM’s location in the tropical region and the Philippines’ policy of not unduly limiting the number of medical students in hospitals are the main benefits for Indian students because they obtain excellent clinical exposure to tropical diseases similar to Indian diseases.
- Indian food and Separate Hostel provided for Indian students.
- Excellent Track record in USMLE and MCI FMGE Screening examinations.
Admission Procedure and Eligibility
- Indian students need to qualified the NEET exam conducted by the National Testing Agency.
- The applicant must have completed 12th standard with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology by the recognized.
If you want to know more information about the other Medical Colleges in Abroad, please download the MBBSCouncil Android App. You can download the app by clicking here. This app provides counselling guidance for MBBS Admission.
The applicant should submit the needed documents as:
- Birth certificate
- Original copies of passport
- Transcript of records from school last studied
- Student visa or special study permit
- Foreign student’s admission fee
- Psychological clearance
- Good moral certificate
- NBI clearance
- NCA clearance
Those certificates are must be authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), Philippines.
The below shown MBBS Program approximate tuition fees in AUFSM and may vary the rate subject to the current Exchange rate.
|I – Year
|II – Year
|III – Year
|IV – Year
The four-story AUF-SOM hall in Angeles Hall was built in 1982 and now has executive, administrative, and academic offices, the St. Cecilia’s Auditorium, the Our Lady of Grace Chapel, language, and engineering laboratories, and other business units. San Lorenzo and San Agustin Halls Twin buildings with five floors were opened in 1994 and now include the Medical Faculty, the Department of Related Medical Professions, scientific laboratories, classrooms, and Lecture halls. The air-conditioned classrooms are equipped with built-in flat LCD monitors or projectors, and the discussion and lecture rooms have integrated LCD projectors and screens. AUF is one of the few in the Philippines with a computer language laboratory used for speech classes. AUF is the only Learning Commons educational Wi-Fi space designed to meet the needs of today’s students.
The University of Angeles Foundation is the only university in the center of Luzon, with a four-story library building funded by the USAID Schools and Hospitals Association and opened on December 4, 1987. Supported by three other satellite libraries, university libraries have 103, 682 volumes of books and non-printed materials, 5719 search results, and 116 periodic subscription titles, based on an inventory from May 2015. The library has convenient reading rooms for students.
The Angeles University Foundation offers fully air-conditioned and equipped with comfortable Wi-Fi accommodation for students. Hostels are located on campus, as well as minutes from the main campus. Free shuttle bus between hostels and the academic campus. The hostels are equipped with trained, educated, and full-time bodyguards, as well as Hostel security guards, ensuring a safe and comfortable stay outside students. Food and refreshments are served at Hostel Mess, with comfortable Dining facilities. Indian dishes are available for Indian students. There are options available for room sharing, two shared, three shared and four shared. All rooms have separate beds, a table and chair, and lockers for each student. Recreation facilities are available at the hostel. Each room is furnished with clean and tidy Lat and Bathrooms. Hostel rates are very reasonable and include everything.
The University of Angeles Foundation Cultural and Cultural Center includes a state-of-the-art basketball event and the Gared Pro basketball goals and Robbins All-Star Maple basketball court used in the best NBA arenas, donated by the late Dr. Emilio T. Yap. Students are trained by coaches.
Students participating in medicine programs and other health sciences undergo clinical training at the AUF Medical Center, the only university teaching, training and research hospital in central Luzon. AUF Medical School is affiliated with the University of Angeles Medical Center (AUFMC) and many other hospitals with a total capacity of over 1000 beds for clinical rotation. In 1990, the University of Angeles Medical Center was opened with five floors and 125 beds, which currently serve as private teaching, training, and research hospital, the first even in central Luzon. the construction of the first building was made possible by the Philippine Social Security System Hospital Loan Program. The initial purchase of hospital equipment was financed by the Philippines Development Bank, and additional equipment, furniture, and materials were donated by hospitals in California, USA. improving community health and well-being.
AUF offers best-in-class clinical training for medical students in the Philippines at the following five hospitals, available only to AUF students:
AUF Medical Center
Jose B.Lingad Memorial Regional Hospital
Angeles City General Hospital
Veterans Memorial Medical Center
Talon General Hospital
How to Reach
Angeles University of Foundation is located in Angeles City in the Philippines, To reach the Philippines, it will take 7 hours to 8 hours of traveling time approximately from Chennai International airport to Manila international airport. This Medical College is located 100km from Manila, the capital of the Philippines. Clark International Airport is the nearest airport to this College located 10km away. The Capital city Manila connects with all kinds of cities in the Philippines through the roadways, seaways, and airways too.