B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences – Dharan, was established in the year 1993 it is located in Dharan at Nepal Country. BPKIHS is an autonomous institution. It provides the service with socially responsible health care and education for the people. This college name is derived from Nepal’s visionary leader Bishweshwar Prasad Koirala. He wishes the national integration of the Nepal country for reaching a better place in the society.
Table of Contents
1. Quick Summary
2. Why Study MBBS in BPKIHS
3. MBBS Course
4. Admission Procedure & Eligibility
5. Fees Structure
8. Affiliated Hospitals
9. How to Reach
|Total MBBS Seats:
||Rs 7,00,000 approximate per year.
||Rs 10,000 – 15,000 approximate per month.
||In-Campus Hostel Available
||Indian Food Available
|Medium of Instruction:
|Duration Of Study:
||5 ½ Years
||BPKIHS autonomous health and sciences university.
|Recognition and Listing:
||Medical Council of India(MCI), World Health Organisation(WHO)
||Primary Health Care Centers, District Hospitals and Zonal Hospitals.
|Average Daily Out-Patients:
||1000 per day
|Total Beds Available:
||B.P.Koirala Institute of Health Sciences – Dharan.
||B.P.Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Buddha Road, Dharan 56700, Nepal.
Why Study MBBS in BPKIHS
- B.P.Koirala Institute of Health Sciences is one of the listed colleges in the “World Directory of Medical School” approved by the WHO.
- BPKIHS is one of the best colleges on Nepal-India co-operation.
- B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences is recognized for the MBBS program in the year of 1994 by the Medical Councils of Nepal, India, and Sri-Lanka.
- Total MBBS course duration is 5½ years include with one-year of compulsory community oriented residential rotating internship is compulsory for completed the MBBS course.
BPKIHS welcomes the worldwide students for learning the medicine programme for who has passion for medicine, and these are the courses offered at the B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences – Dharan.
- Under Graduate ( MBBS )
- Post Graduate ( MD/MS )
- Doctorate of Medicine ( DM )
- Magister Chirurgiae ( MCh )
- Fellowship Programmes ( PhD )
- Masters in Public Health ( MPH )
- Dentistry ( BDS )
Admission Procedure and Eligibility
Eligibility Criteria for getting admission to this college:
- BPKIHS intakes 100 MBBS seats of admission per year.
- The Candidates have to complete 17 years of age at the time of their admission these are the following eligibility for applying for the MBBS course in B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences.
- The students have to Complete their studies in 10 and +2 exams or Intermediate of Science (I.Sc) or equivalent qualification.
- English, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as the main subjects and they have to score 50% marks in each subject.
If you want to know more information about the other Colleges in Abroad, please download the MBBSCouncil Android App. You can download the app by clicking here. This app provides counselling guidance for MBBS Admission.
MBBS Program approximate tuition fees in BPKIHS:
B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences has a library it contains more than 14000 Medical Sciences Books. This Library holds a Separate Reading Room with, Reference Section for the Students and Faculties. The library has computers with internet access, Digital Library through e-journals, for the benefit of these college students. This BPKIHS central library provides a good learning experience with various collections of medical books, periodical journals. The library is functional from 8.00 am to 11.00 pm on all working days.
B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences provides the hostel accommodation facilities for students. Staying the hostel is mandatory for all of the BPKIHS students. It has separate Hostels for Boys and Girls in the College Campus. The Hostel has attached Mess with Dining Hall Facility. And also it provides Clean and Healthy – Nutritious Food for both Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian Students. And also the College Hostel includes Recreation Hall and Prayer Hall along with a Separate Visitors Hall including with Parking facility also available in this College Hostel.
B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences has various kind of Sports activities, like football, golf course, volleyball, ball badminton, hockey, basketball, table tennis, cricket, chess, carrom. The campus has sufficient playgrounds for the outdoor games. both hostels having indoor & gym facilities for the benefit of the students. And also shops, canteens, restaurants & bank with ATMs in the BPKIHS premises.
B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences is associated with the B.P. Koirala central teaching hospital and it’s district hospitals and also the BPKIHS hospital is associated with four colleges they are as Medical, Dental, Nursing, and Public Health. The Hospital owns 763 beds with 1000 no.of outpatients for providing the services to the people through the clinical and basic sciences departments.
The B.P. Koirala Institute is located in Eastern Nepal and it provides the medical service to the people through the teaching district concept to the students they are as follows:
- District Hospital
- Primary health care centres
- Zonal hospitals in eight districts of the region
How to Reach
Dharan has cultural diversity in Nepal, is situated in the foothill of Siwalik/Chure Mountain in the Eastern Region of Nepal. Dharan is a pretty & most important town for industrial, economic and educational centres in the region and a gateway to the eastern hills & mountains of Nepal. It has very lovely weather throughout the year. Dharan is connected with a domestic airport in Biratnagar, from the Indian state of Bihar, which is located 40 km south from 1-hour drive from Dharan. The same road continues to north connecting Bhedetar hill station with a half hour drive from Dharan, Dhankuta is located 52 kilometres north from Hile and Basantapur.