In the year 1969 Lyceum Northwestern University College of Medicine started as a Nursing School and Polyclinic Hospital at the Dagupan City. The Lyceum Northwestern University was founded by the Doctors Mr & Mrs Francisco Florencia Quimson Duque. In the later part of the year, more than 25 new educational courses are started in the Lyceum northwestern university such as arts, science, agriculture, architecture, business, engineering, technology, law, medical, health & sciences, nursing, pharmaceutics courses too.
After the year 1972, the Dagupan city school of nursing moved to the Tapuac district and it was renamed as Lyceum of Dagupan city. The Lyceum Northwestern University College of Medicine teaches medical subject through English as the medium of instruction, based on the american curriculum to the students. Lyceum northwestern university provides quality care with all of the requirements a student to study medicine.
Table of Contents
1. Quick Summary
2. Why Study MBBS in LNU
3. MBBS Course
4. Admission Procedure & Eligibility
5. Fees Structure
8. Affiliated Hospitals
9. How to Reach
|Total MBBS Seats:
||Rs 2,60,000 approximate per year.
||Rs 10,000 – Rs 15,000 approximate per month.
||In-Campus Hostel Available
||Indian Food Available
|Medium of Instruction:
|Duration Of Study:
|| 5.8 Years
||Lyceum Northwestern University
|Recognition and Listing:
||Medical Council of India (MCI),
World Health Organisation (WHO).
||Dagupan Region Medical Center, Government Hospitals of Dagupan.
||Commission on Higher Education (CHED),
United States Medical License Examination (USMLE),
Educational Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG),
Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER).
||Lyceum Northwestern University Philippines, LNU Dagupan, Lyceum Northwestern University College of Medicine
||Lyceum Northwestern University College of Medicine, Tapuac District, 2400 Dagupan City, Philippines.
|| (075) 515-7633, (075) 515-8128, (075) 515-4375
Why Study MBBS in LNU
- Lyceum northwestern university is 50 years old and it one of best educational university in the Philippines.
- The Lyceum university Medical College is located in Dagupan region which is declared as a “no crime zone”.
- Lyceum northwestern university offers more than 25 different educational courses to everyone.
- The country Philippines having the weather like almost India, So Indian students can feel it as their home.
- Lyceum northwestern university college of medicine is recognized by the MCI, WHO, ECFMG, FAIMER.
- Lyceum university medical students getting a lot of practical exposure to its affiliated medical health centers.
- Lyceum university offers practical oriented medical program, which makes easier the students to understand the subject.
- The Philippines is an English speaking country, So there is no language barrier and it makes easier for the International students.
- Affordable housing & mess facilities are available on the Lyceum university campus.
- Lyceum university college of medicine offers the MD program which is equivalent to MBBS in India.
- English is the official language too, So there is no barrier to study and communicate with Patients.
- Lyceum university offers Medical/MBBS course with the duration of 5.8 years including with 1-year rotatory internship.
- International students are preferring this university because Lyceum college of medicine teaches the medical subject in the medium of English.
- Medicine program starts with Pre-medical course of BS-Biology with the duration of 18 months, also it is called as BS-MD in the Lyceum university.
- The remaining 4-year medical course is called as MD in the Philippines country, which is called as MD it means Doctor of Medicine
- Lyceum northwestern university college of medicine teaches the MBBS program based on the practical method of medicine, also this is based on American based syllabus.
- Lyceum university turns the medical aspirants into a healthcare professional, through that future doctors of Lyceum can compete and eradicate the disease in the world.
Admission Procedure and Eligibility
- If you want to study MBBS in Philippines he or she may be an Indian they should have to qualify the NEET exam it’s a mandatory rule to all of the Indian students to study medicine in the Philippines
- If the students want to study medicine he or she needs to have more than 50% marks in physics, chemistry, biology (botany or zoology)
Needed documents for getting an admission in Lyceum University
- 10th Marksheet
- 12th Marksheet
- Original Passport
- Date of birth certificate
- NEET qualifying Score Card
- Medical fitness certificate
Fees Structure of Lyceum Northwestern University
MBBS Program approximate tuition fees in LNU College of Medicine:
|I – Year
|II – Year
|III – Year
|IV – Year
|V – Year
Lyceum Northwestern University holds with a long legacy which provides more than 50 years of medical education with excellent academics to around the world including South Asia. Lyceum Northwestern University standing as a beacon for learning and research to the medical aspirants. LNU started with a nursing school from its beginning after that it has been grown into an independent university. Lyceum Northwestern University has a modern campus, which provides 25 different kinds of course subjects with more than 7000 students. This included over 1800 foreign students currently studying in this university.
Lyceum Northwestern University has facilities like clinical laboratories with all kind of equipment, computer laboratories with campus-wide internet and intranet system, 100 seating of multi-capability theatre halls for presentations and discussions, Indoor basketball stadium with 300 seating capacity. Also, the LNU campus have multi-purpose auditorium with the area of 200 sq.mts with the seating capacity of 200 persons. This is the hall where the seminars, programs, functions, meetings are conducted in the LNU campus.
LNU College of medicine provides an air-conditioned library facility with all kind of medicinal related textbooks and journals. The Lyceum Northwestern College of Medicine library has all kind of modern electronic study materials with internet-connected computers for students online learning purpose. Also, LNU provides Digital library facilities for the usage of students.
Lyceum University provides comfortable and spacious in-campus separate hostels inside the LNU campus for both boys & girls. LNU college of medicine provides separate 5-storied hostel facilities for both girls and boys. 30 hostel rooms are available in the LNU campus with a capacity of 300 persons. Both boys & girls hostels having free Wi-Fi-enabled computers are available, they can utilize these services for their additional learning purpose. LNU hostels are monitored under 24×7 CCTV facility. The medical college has separate male & female wardens. So there is no need to worry about the student’s safety. Both boys & girls hostel are having mechanized laundry facility available.
The important thing is LNU hostel mess provides Indian foods to the Indian students. Healthiest home made South Indian foods & North Indian foods are available throughout the year in the Lyceum University. Especially all kind of south Indian variety of foods are available in the Lyceum Northwestern University. Nearby the university hostels, through the Indian cafe’s & restaurants a variety of Indian cuisines are available at a low-cost price.
LNU provides sports & recreational facilities to the students to improve their skills in sports. It provides a sports facility like football, volleyball, basketball, tennis, gymnasium, swimming pool. The University campus consists of several sports grounds and indoor fields. The university owns 2 basketball courts, 2 tennis courts, 1 volleyball court, 1 football field and so on.
Government hospitals of Dagupan & the Dagupan region medical centre care for this region peoples health. The LNU Dagupan campus provides an excellent academic environment to the students, also the Dagupan city owns nearly 12 hospitals which provides the medical support to the people. Dagupan city hospitals having more than 600-bed space to treat the peoples. At the same time, LNU students are doing their clerkship practices in these hospitals. The American standard of medical subjects & innovative technologies of practical classes are taught by the LNU faculties. Digital anatomy laboratory & simulation laboratory facilities are available to learn practically operating the surgery in real-world conditions at LNU college of medicine.
How to Reach
To reach the Philippines, it will take 7 hours to 8 hours of travelling time approximately from Chennai international airport to Manila international airport. The Dagupan city located in the Pangasinan province of the Philippines, the city has 1,80,000 population. The Dagupan city is connected to the Philippines capital city Manila, it’s located with the distance 230 km from Manila international airport. Also, it is one of the financial & commercial states of the North Philippines. The Capital city Manila connects with all kind of cities in the Philippines through the roadways, seaways and airways too.