The Philippines is an archipelagic country of Southeast Asia in the western Pacific. The country covers 7,641 islands those are categorized under three geographical divisions from north and south which are Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao. Filipino and English are the official languages. The total area of the country is 3 lakhs sq.km. Manila is the capital city of the Philippines and currency is Peso. It has a 12th place in the population of the world.
Table of Contents
1. Quick Summary
2. Why Study MBBS in Philippines
3. MBBS Course
4. Top Medical Colleges in Philippines
5. Eligibility and Admission Process
6. Visa Processing
7. History of Philippines
9. Cost Of Living:
11.Food and Culture
12.How To Reach
|Area:||300000 sq km|
|Time Difference:||Philippines is 2 hours and 32 minutes ahead from India|
|Borders With:||Taiwan, Vietnam, Palau, Malaysia, and Indonesia|
|Cost of Living:||15000 to 20000 INR (month)|
|Number of colleges approved by MCI:||40|
Why Study MBBS in Philippines
- Philippines is the best designation for the students, who want to study the medical course.
- English is the official language of the Philippines, also the medium of instruction is the same.
- The applicants are not required to attend any entrance exam for admission.
- Philippines Climatic seasons are same as Indian tropical climate. so that disease spectrum is also similar to India, this is the major part to study MBBS in Philippines.
- Medical colleges (or) universities in the Philippines, all of them are recognized by the World Health Organization and the Medical Council of India.
- Nearly 8000 students come from other countries to study MBBS in the Philippines. 7% of the students were Indians out of that.
- Philippines has 2,180 higher education institutions, which consists of 607 public and 1,573 private.
- The medical education of the Philippines is based on the US education system that gives numerous opportunities to work in developed countries like the US, UK, Canada, Australia, etc.,
- The Philippines country provides the MBBS course with a duration of 5 and ½ years.
- The first one and a half year they have to learn about pre-medicine that is called the Bachelor of Science program.
- The remaining four years they need to study the medicine and the clinical section.
- The B.S course has Psychology with 1 and ½ years
- The first year of medicine has Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Histology, Neuroanatomy
- The second year of medicine has pathology, microbiology, pharmacology, parasitology, obstetrics, preventive medicine and community health, clinical pathology
- The third year of the medicine course has paediatrics, radiology, ophthalmology, otorhinolaryngology, legal medicine / medical jurisprudence, gynaecology, clinicopathologic conference/special topics in pathology
- The fourth year of medicine is a clinical internship, to practice with affiliated medical centres to the corresponding university.
Top Medical Colleges in Philippines
- University of the Philippines Manila
- University of Santo Tomas Faculty of Medicine and Surgery
- central Philippines University
- University of Perpetual Help System Dalta
- Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health
- Davao Medical School Foundation
- UV Gullas College of Medicine
- Broken Shire College School of Medicine
Eligibility and Admission Process
- The students should have more than 50% of marks in 10+2 standard with physics, chemistry, and biology or equivalent higher education.
If you want to know more information about the other Medical Colleges in Abroad, please download the MBBSCouncil Android App. You can download the app by clicking here. This app provides counselling guidance for MBBS Admission.
- The Philippines government gives student visa for the students, who complete the age of 18 years.
- If the student is in 17 years, they can get a Special Study Permit(SSP). The validation of the SSP is 6 months.
Applicant has the general requirements to get the student visa of the Philippines, they have original passport with six month validity beyond the intended period of stay in the Philippines, original and one photocopy of mark statement and leaving certificate by the previous studying institution, birth certificate, affidavit of support executed by parents/legal guardian, transcript of records, certificate of good moral character, police clearance certificate, medical examination reports including X-ray film, psychological report, authenticated certificate from the Philippines institution, two photocopies, and accomplished application form all these documents are authenticated by the Philippines government.
History of Philippines
The Philippines has abundant natural resources and it comprising multiple ethnicities and civilization. In the prehistoric period, most of the peoples are Negritos. The various competing maritime areas under the rule of datus, rajas, sultans, and lakans. In the 16th century, the Philippines is a colonial country of Spain. They got independence on 12 June 1898.
The Philippines is located in Southeast Asia, the archipelago is bounded by the Celebes Sea to the south, the Philippine Sea to the east, and the South China Sea to the west and north. The shape of the country is a triangle, it is placed in a pacific ring of fire, close to the equator. The coastal area of the country extended to 36,289 km, agricultural land of the country is more than 32% of the total land area. The highest point is Mount Apo and the lowest point is Galathea Depth. Agusan river is the longest river in the country.
Cost of Living
Cost of living is very low in the Philippines compare to other foreign countries. The Philippines living cost is 50.98% higher than India, but most of the necessary things expenses are approximately similar to India. The Restaurant and market prices are 1.75% higher than in India. Transportation charges are very low, the taxi charge is 0.23$ for one kilometre. The electronics things charges are 3 times more than India. Cloth and shoes prices are relatively the same as India.
The climate of the Philippines is tropical and maritime which characterized by high temperature, repressive humidity, and plentiful rainfall. There are two seasons in the country, one is a wet season and another one is the dry season based on the rainfall. The rainy season is June to November, the dry season is December to May. January is the coolest month and May is the warmest in the Philippines country. Baguio City receives the greatest rainfall, the annual mean temperature is very low compared to other places. So Baguio is the summer capital of the Philippines. The southern portion of Cotabato receives less amount of rain.
Food and Culture
The Philippines food has a fusion of Asian and Europian. Rice is the staple food in the Philippines. It most steamed with vegetable, meat, and fish dishes. The meat includes chicken, pork, beef, and fish. Seafood is very popular in this country. The mountain of Batangas has produced a variety of coffee with a strong flavour. A traditional Filipino breakfast is pandesal (small bread roll) making with rice flour. The Philippines is one of the democratic countries, Christian is a major religion in this country. The festivals of the Philippines is called “fiestas”. The most famous fiestas are Hinugyaw, Ati-Atihan, Sinulog, Panagbenga, MassKara, Pintados-Kasadyaan, and Hermosa etc.,
How To Reach
The Philippines has connected to all other countries in the world with airways. This country has 13 international airports which are connected with other countries. Ninoy Aquino International Airport and Mactan-Cebu International Airport are the busiest airports in the Philippines. National transporters are included Philippine Airlines, Air Asia, Cebu Pacific, Skyjet, SilkAir, Malaysian Airlines, and PAL Express. From India to the Philippines has direct flights and also intermediate flights from Malaysia, Singapore, and Bangkok are available.