For government medical colleges, 15% of medical seats are reserved for All India quota, the remaining 85% of the medical seats are reserved for Maharashtra state quota.
Maharashtra Private Medical Colleges have management quota, minority quota (if college is minority institution) and Institutional quota.
Management Quota seats in Maharashtra Private Medical colleges are available for Maharashtra domicile candidates based on their MH state rank. Institutional Quota Seats are filled on All India Merit Basis which includes NRI/OCI and Candidates from other states. If any seats remain vacant after mop-up round of counselling, they are surrendered to respective college for stray round counselling.
Learn Basics of NEET Admission Concepts for MBBS/PG counselling within 3 hours by spending cost of one movie ticket. Dont waste time searching here and there. Find everything here in one place.Buy NEET Counselling E-Book(₹180) >>
I want to know everything about Maharashtra NEET MBBS Admission counselling.Buy Maharashtra MBBS Counselling E-Book(₹499) >>
A candidate needs to submit his or her Caste Certificate to claim the communal reservations of the Maharashtra state. Also, he or she needs to submit the Caste Validity Certificate for the respective categories such as OBC, SBC, SEBC, NT-A, NT-B, NT-C. The Caste Validity Certificate valid up to 31st March of the current year issued by the appropriate authorities will be considered as proof.
Maharashtra state offers separate female reservations only for female candidates. 30% female reservations are available in all medical courses. This reservation can be claimed by the females under categories like Common, EWS, OBC, SEBC, VJ, NT-1, NT-2, NT-3, SC, ST, with special reservations also like Hilly Area(HA), Maharashtra Karnataka Border (MKB) & Defense(D). If the female reservations are not claimed, those seats were reverted to male candidates of respective categories.
If a candidate wants to claim the NRI reservation, either parent or candidate should have NRI status. In private institutions of Maharashtra, NRI/OCI candidates can claim seats under 15% institutional quota.
These are the certificates needed to claim the NRI reservation:
NRI certificate of the students where he or she is related to his or her father/mother or else any straight blood lines residing Abroad are also accepted as NRI.
If a candidate wants to claim the EWS reservation, he or she should produce Caste Certificate, Caste Validity Certificate and Non-Creamy Layer Certificate at the time of physical document verification process. However, the EWS candidates should produce eligibility certificate issued by the competent Authority. If the candidates fail to produce the above certificates they will be considered as Open Category Candidate. They cannot claim the EWS reservations.
PWD candidates should submit the proof of his/her medical disability with the prescribed proforma certificate issued by the medical board authorities. Persons with Disability quota seats will be distributed under 30% Open category of State quota.
If a candidate want to claim a seat under Defense category, they need to submit the proper defense certificate from appropriate authorities. Defense quota seats are reserved only for the Defense personals. Ex-defense service personnel’s or Active defense personnel’s son/daughter/spouse can claim the Defense quota seats in the state of Maharashtra. Defense quota seats will be filled by the Maharashtra state region.
Domicile certificate of the parent’s village is declared as a Hilly Area places. That should be specified in the respective regions list issued by the concerned department that includes the Vidarbha / Marathwada / Rest of Maharashtra Regions. This certificate should be obtained from the concerned Revenue Officer or Tehsildar.
If the candidate wants to claim the Maharashtra-Karnataka Disputed Border Area Resident Reservations through the online application form, he needs to get the Disputed area certificate from the respective authorities. To claiming the MKB quota reservation there is no document is required at time of online registration. Click here to see the Maharashtra – Karnataka Disputed Border Area Residents.
If the candidate wants to claim the Jain / Muslim / Christian minority reservation they need to submit the school leaving certificate that says he or she belongs to Jain / Muslim / Christian minority. Minority certificate from a Religious place can be valid to claim the minority reservations.
If the candidate belonging to the Gujarati / Sindhi minority they have to submit the school leaving certificate with an Affidavit mentioning that they belong to Gujarati / Sindhi Minority.
If the candidate wants to claim the Hindi Linguistic minority reservation they need to submit the school leaving certificate which mentions that the candidate mother tongue is Hindi. The Hindi Linguistic certificate can be issued by the school headmaster/principal.