Georgia was a former Soviet republic, This country is in the intersection of Europe and Asia and with a home to Black Sea beaches and the Caucasus Mountain villages. English is the second most commonly spoken language. Vardzia is a famous one in here, a sprawling cave monastery dating in the 12th century. Tbilisi is a capital of Georgia, this is known for the diverse architecture and mazelike, cobblestone streets of its old town.
Table of Contents
1. Quick Summary
2. Why Study MBBS in Georgia
3. MBBS Course
4. Top Medical Colleges In Georgia
5. Eligibility and Admission Process
6. Visa Processing
7. History of Georgia
9. Cost Of Living
11.Food and Culture
13.How To Reach
|Area:||70,000 Square Kmssquare Kms|
|Currency:||Georgian Lari(1 GEL = 26.7 INR)|
|Time Difference:||Georgia is 1 and a half hours behind India|
|Borders With:||Armenia, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Russia|
|Cost of Living:||Rs 15000 to Rs 20000 / Month|
|Number of colleges approved by MCI:||22|
Why Study MBBS in Georgia
- Studying MBBS in Georgia is a remarkable opportunity for foreign students especially Indians, who is looking forward to pursuing Medicine studies in Abroad.
- In Georgia, more than 15 leading MBBS universities are available for Indian students.
- It is the really notable point, that more than 5000 Indians are studying MBBS in Georgia.
- In Georgia, most of the medical universities are having 1 teacher for 20 student ratio.
- MBBS course in Georgia is more affordable than in India and major European medical destinations.
- IELTS/TOEFL not required at all.
- MCI and WHO approved medical colleges.
- Georgia has a lot of options for you to have a happy and relaxed life within a budget.
- Secured hostel facilities are provided by the universities for the students.
- Universities are providing plenty of employment opportunities for students.
- The Georgian living cost is 2.5 times cheaper than the USA and around 3 folds cheaper than the UK,
so this country is suitable for foreign students to Pursue MBBS in Georgia medical universities.
MBBS course in Georgia is six years, this is divided into five years for academic studies and one-year internship is in the hospital affiliated to the university. Most of the medical universities in Georgia are recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the World Health Organization (WHO), these are followed English as the medium of teaching for international students, for allowing them to understand the concepts and effective communication with professors.
Top Medical Colleges In Georgia
- Tbilisi State Medical University
- European University
- New Vision University, Georgia
- “AIETI” Medical School
- David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia
- David Tvildiani Medical University
- East European University, Georgia
- Georgian American University, Georgia
- Georgian National University, Georgia
- Kutaisi Medical Institute “Kutaisi”
Eligibility and Admission Process
- Applicant should be the age of 17 + on or before 31 December of the admission year for getting MBBS course admission in Georgia.
- The Student must have completed the 10th and 12th or equal grades with Science subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- Applicant should have secured 50% in 10th and 12th or equal grades in those subjects.
- Basic English knowledge is important for students to study in Georgia, these are the eligibility criteria for studying MBBS in Georgia.
- Applicant should have to submit the following documents, Scanned copies of class 10th and 12th or equal grade certificate, Birth Certificate, A valid Passport, Migration Certificate, Bank statement of the guardians, Medical Certificates and Passport size photos.
- Applicant should submit the filled application forms of the selected university.
- The applicant will receive the offer letter from the university after receiving your application.
- The student will be required to deposit the tuition fees through the bank account of the university.
- Ministry of Education and Science in Georgia will issue an accreditation letter to the student within 30 days. after that, the university provides an invitation letter to the student.
- After this entire process is done, it will take 30 days for the visa approval. Students can move to Georgia after got the visa.
The Applicant should have a passport valid for three months after the expiry of the Visa. That passport should have at least 2 blank pages and must be issued within the last 10 years. Applicant should submit the filled visa application electronically and signed in tangible form. Two recent photographs of the applicant in 3X4 size, Confirmed onward/ return air ticket.
Last six months bank statement and a copy of Income Tax. Applicant should submit the letter explaining the purpose of the visit. Applicant personal appearance is mandatory as per appointment date.
After getting an offer letter of the university, Crown Immigration Georgia will do notarization and translation of students documents and submit to the National Educational Center for approval of student documents. This will takes around 25 days for approval. After getting approval from the Quality centre. Applicant should submit the Enrollment Certificate, Final acceptance letter & Invitation Letter from the university and filled visa form for Student Visa. After this procedure, the Embassy will take 10-15 working days to make a process on your visa application.
History of Georgia
The Georgian nation was first unified as a kingdom by the Bagrationi dynasty under the King Bagrat III of Georgia in the 8th to 9th century. This was arising from a number of states in the ancient kingdoms of Iberia and Colchis. The Kingdom of Georgia was grown during from the 10th century to 12th, under King David IV the Builder and Queen Tamar the Great. In 1243 this fell to the Mongol invasion, then after a brief reunion under George V the Brilliant to the Timurid Empire. Georgia was fragmented into a number of petty kingdoms in 1490, so the early modern period was in struggled to maintain their kingdoms against the domination of Ottoman and Iranian until the 19th century, Georgia was finally annexed by the Russian Empire.
After a brief bid for independence, Georgia was part of the Transcaucasian Socialist Federative Soviet Republic from 1922 to 1936. The present Republic of Georgia’s independent since 1991. Zviad Gamsakhurdia is the first president. Gamsakhurdia was deposed in the same year and the country became involved in a bitter civil war, this lasted until 1995. Then it got independence with the Support of Russia, Abkhazia and South Ossetia.
Georgia is located in the mountains of South Caucasus region in Eurasia. The Black Sea and the Caspian Sea are Straddling between Western Asia and Eastern Europe. The northern border of Georgia is with Russia roughly running along the mountain range of the Greater Caucasus, which is a commonly reckoned boundary between Europe and Asia.
Georgia’s coastline is 310 km long, out of the Georgian coastline, 200 km is the coastline of Abkhazia and 57 km is the coastline of Ajaria. Mt. Kazbek, is the highest point of this country, it is rising to 16,558 ft. Europe’s highest point is located just over Georgia’s northern border and reaches 5,633m.
Cost of Living
Cost of living in Georgia is 23.68% higher than in India. The market values of needed things are just above Indian value. The tourist must have to spend some extra for their need, but it is not a big issue for students. The accommodation and foods are included with hostel maintenance. The monthly living cost will have 200 USD to 300 USD for students.
The climate of Georgia is affected by subtropical influences from the west and continental influences from the east. The dominant subtropical climate features in Georgia is got high humidity and heavy precipitation with a range of 1,000 to 2,000 mm in per year. In Georgia, the average summer temperatures are 20 °C to 24 °C or 68 °F to 75.2 °F and winter temperatures 2 °C to 4 °C or 35.6 °F to 39.2 °F. Georgia has spring season in March month to May month, June to August is summer, September to November is autumn and December to February is winter.
Food and Culture
Georgian culture is a mysterious, exotic and ancient culture stretching back for millennia. The cultural elements of Anatolian, European, Persian, Ottoman, Arabian and Far Eastern cultures are influenced this country’s own ethnic identity, this is showing in one of the unique and hospitable cultures in the world. Religious following in Georgia is having 83.4% of the Eastern Orthodox Christian in Georgian population, there is 3.9% Armenian Apostolic,10.7% Muslim and 0.5% Catholic followers. In here Non-Georgian ethnic groups, such as Russians and Greeks, are subordinate to the Georgian Orthodox Church.
Food culture in Georgia is well developed in centuries, Georgia’s cuisine having a variety of different foods, most of the country is available with seafood, corn, chicken, dumplings to Brunswick stew, fried chicken and cornbread. Georgian cuisine has matured over the country. An amalgamation of different influences in food culture is from a different period and eras that the country has gone through. There are lots of universities run their own mess and cafeterias for foreign students, which provide food of different cuisines from various countries. Georgian universities have the mess for Indian students, this provides the Indian cuisines. Indian students can have their native food style from here.
- Tbilisi is the capital of Georgia, this is one of the favourite tourist parts with all sort of fun.
- There is a 26-foot tall moving steel sculptured by the Georgian sculptor Tamara Kvesitadze. This is called “Man and Woman”, Located in the seaside city of Batumi, Georgia.
- Georgia’s Mtskheta city is the religious capital. This spiritual heart is the most important city in Georgia.
- Martvili is located in the Samegrelo region. One of the favourite tourist place in the western part of Georgia. The caves and waterfalls were formed over the centuries by the Abasha River. Boating, nature views are special things in here.
How To Reach
From India to Tbilisi Georgia has one stop flights available. International airports in Indian cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore. Madurai, Kochi are providing the flight services to Georgian cities of Tbilisi. The transportation of inside the country is by road, waterway, air and rail. We can reach other cities and places through with it.
MBBS Admission Guidance - Low Fees
If you need guidance to get low fees(Rs 4 Lakhs/Year to Rs 8 Lakhs/Year) colleges, send whatsapp request 'GETMBBS' to 6382088809 along with your name and city. You can also enter your information below to get help