St. Paul University in Philippines is an autonomous university which is located in the city of Tuguegarao in Cagayan province of the Philippines. This St. Paul University run and operated by the Sisters of St. Paul of Chartres, this university was established in the year of 1907. St. Paul University was the first university which is started for Catholic people in Cagayan Valley of Philippines. St. Paul University owns up to 40 different kinds of educational institutions such as Administration, Arts & Sciences, Accountancy, Business, Basic Education Unit, Graduate School Programs, Engineering, Information Technology, Management, Teaching Education, Social, Nursing, Allied Health Sciences, Medicine and so on.
Table of Contents
1. Quick Summary
2. Why Study MBBS in SPUSM
3. MBBS Course
4. Admission Procedure & Eligibility
5. Fees Structure
8. Affiliated Hospitals
9. How to Reach
|Total MBBS Seats:
||Rs 3,40,000 approximate per year.
||Rs 10,000 – Rs 15,000 approximate per month.
||In-Campus Hostel Available
||Indian Food Available
|Medium of Instruction:
|Duration Of Study:
|| 5 and ½ Years
||St. Paul University, Philippines
|Recognition and Listing:
||Medical Council of India (MCI),
World Health Organisation (WHO).
||Saint Paul Hospital Tuguegarao.
||Commission on Higher Education (CHED),
United States Medical License Examination (USMLE),
Educational Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG),
Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER).
||St. Paul University, St. Paul University Tuguegarao, St. Paul University Philippines, St. Paul University School of Medicine, St. Paul University College of Medicine, St. Paul University School of Medicine Philippines, St. Paul University School of Medicine Tuguegarao Philippines, Saint Paul University School of Medicine Tuguegarao Philippines.
||St. Paul University School of Medicine, TMabini St.Tuguegarao City, Cagayan 3500, Philippines.
Why Study MBBS in SPUSM
- SPUSM is one of the top institutions in the Philippines.
- SPUSM is recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- SPUSM is recognized by the World Health Organization.
- SPUSM is one of the best centres of excellence in medicine in the Philippines.
- SPUSM is recognized by the Commission on Higher Education in the Philippines.
- SPUSM is also accredited by the International Accreditation Organization (IAO).
- SPUSM is recognized by the Educational Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates.
- SPUSM is recognized by the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools Colleges Universities (PAASCU).
- SPUSM is recognized by the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research.
- More than 100 years of excellence and existence, the St. Paul University School of Medicine is proven its tradition in the field of medicine.
- SPU Philippines holds an autonomous status with excellent academic for medical students.
- SPU campus gives confidence to the parents who are they sending their children’s to study MBBS in Philippines.
- SPUSM teaches the medicine subject in the medium of English.
- SPUSM teaches BS – Bachelor of Science course with a duration of 1 and ½ years.
- SPUSM teaches MD – Doctor of Medicine course with a duration of 4 years.
- SPUSM teaches the MBBS or BS-MD courses with a total duration of 5 and ½ years.
- SPUSM teaches the MBBS or BS-MD courses with a wide range of topics in medicine.
- SPUSM students are getting practical knowledge and clinical exposure in it’s own affiliated hospital.
- SPUSM teaches medical subjects with a nature of understanding problem-based learning to students.
- Through this kind of learning method, SPUSM students are easily understanding the subject matter.
Admission Procedure and Eligibility
- If you want to study MBBS in Philippines he or she may be an Indian they should have to qualify the NEET exam it’s a mandatory rule to all of the Indian students to study medicine in the Philippines
- If the students want to study medicine he or she needs to have more than 50% marks in physics, chemistry, biology (botany or zoology)
If you want to know more information about the other Colleges in Abroad, please download the MBBSCouncil Android App. You can download the app by clicking here. This app provides counselling guidance for MBBS Admission.
Needed documents for getting an admission in Lyceum University
- 10th Marksheet original with photocopies
- 12th Marksheet original with photocopies
- Acceptance letter from the university
- Original Passport with photocopies
- Medical fitness certificate
- Psychological certificate
- Date of birth certificate
- Contact certificate
- NEET Marksheet
- NMAT result
MBBS Program approximate tuition fees in St. Paul University School of Medicine:
|I – Year
|II – Year
|III – Year
|IV – Year
|V – Year
|VI – Year
St. Paul University School of Medicine campus is spread over with the 80 acres of spacious green campus which is located in the Tuguegarao city. St. Paul University has top graded of infrastructures that include of highly experienced teaching staffs and faculties, digitally equipped classrooms, air-conditioned semicar hall, auditorium, library, hostel, food, hospital, sports as so on. The MBBS curriculum was in the standard of world-class teaching, well-equipped laboratories, modern level of technologies are used to teach the students and much more reason are there in the SPUSM.
SPUSM provides an air-conditioned library facility with all kind of book materials and journals. The SPUSM library having electronic study materials that are connected with internet connections for students learning. This is the main purpose to increase the self-learning interest of the student.
SPUSM provides food and accommodation facility to the students. In-campus hostel rooms are available for international students including Indian students. Both boys and girls hostels are situated on the university campus, which provides separate hostel rooms for boys & girls. In the SPUSM campus, hostel rooms are having air-conditioned & non-air conditioned rooms with attached bathrooms facilities are available as per the choice of the students. These hostel rooms are having facilities like double or triple beds, study tables, cupboards, computer with internet connections are available. Also, near the university campus Indian cafes, restaurants, paid-laundry services are available.
SPUSM provides Indian foods to the students. In the St. Paul university campus’s hostel mess provides hygiene and nutritious foods and a variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. Also, near the St. Paul university campus Indian restaurants & cafes are available at an affordable cost.
SPUSM provides game facilities to encourage the students through sports activity it includes in the curriculum of St. Paul university school of medicine. SPUSM provides these following sports activity like basketball, football, volleyball, tennis and so on. Also, gymnasium facilities are available for the student’s refreshments. SPUSM campus has own sports field with a greenery environment and also indoor stadium available too.
In the year 1992 administrator of St. Paul University purchased the land and building foreclosed by the bank, to make a hospital. After that, the building was assessed for converting as a hospital. The aim of St. Paul is who are studying medical programs in the St. Paul University students need to practise the medicine, so that initiative was started. Now, St. Paul hospital of Tuguegarao is affiliated with the St. Paul University School of Medicine which is providing quality healthcare services to the people. St. Paul University-affiliated hospitals are having nearly 3,800 beds for the clinical purpose for patients and students. Also, these affiliated hospitals are providing services like In-Patient Services, Out-Patient Services, Diagnostic Services to this region peoples. St. Paul University School of Medicine students are doing their clerkship and internship in these following hospitals they areas follows:
- St. Paul Hospital, Tuguegarao
- St. Paul Hospital, Cavite
- St. Paul’s Hospital, Iloilo
- St. Paul Surigao University Hospital
- Indigenous Peoples Hospital
- Perpetual Succour Hospital
- General Santos Doctor’s Hospital
- Notre Dame de Chartres Hospital
- De La Salle University Medical Center
- Maria Reyna-Xavier University Hospital
- St. Joseph Southern Bukidnon Hospital
- Julio Cardinal Rosales Memorial Hospital
- Antique Medial Center
How to Reach
Tuguegarao is the capital city of the province of Cagayan province of Philippines. Also, this is the regional and institutional centre of this Cagayan Valley. In this region, the city Tuguegarao has a population of 1,50,000 approximately and also this one of the major urban centres in the Northeastern Luzon. St. Paul University School of Medicine is located with the walkable distance of 1 km away from the city Tuguegarao. From Manila, there are bus & rail transports are available to reach the Tuguegarao city. Tuguegarao city is located 480 km away from the Manila capital city of Philippines. We can reach the Philippines from India through the airway, it will take with the travelling time of 7 hours to 8 hours.