The University of Northern Philippines is one of the oldest & public university which is operated by the Philippines government. On the year 1906, the University of Northern Philippines (UNP) began as high school in Vigan City in Ilocos Sur province. After those upcoming years, the University of Northern Philippines starts with various kind education institutions. The University of Northern Philippines offers different type of educational courses such as Arts & Sciences, Architecture, Administration, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, Information Technology and many more courses to the students at affordable tuition fees. On the year 1996 College of Medicine was started in the University of Northern Philippines.
Table of Contents
1. Quick Summary
2. Why Study MBBS in UNP
3. MBBS Course
4. Admission Procedure & Eligibility
5. Fees Structure
8. Affiliated Hospitals
9. How to Reach
|Total MBBS Seats:
||Rs 2,10,000 approximate per year.
||Rs 10,000 – 15,000 per month approximate.
||In-Campus Hostel Available
||Indian Food Available
|Medium of Instruction:
|Duration Of Study:
||University of Northern Philippines
|Recognition and Listing:
||Medical Council of India (MCI),
World Health Organisation (WHO).
||University of northern Philippines college of medicine’s own affiliated hospital
||Commission on Higher Education (CHED),
United States Medical License Examination (USMLE),
Educational Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG),
Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER).
||UNP Vigan, UNP Philippines, UNP Vigan Philippines, UNPCM Philippines, University of Northern Philippines College of Medicine
||University of Northern Philippines College of Medicine, Tamag, Vigan, Ilocos Sur 2700, Philippines.
Why Study MBBS in University of Northern Philippines
- Low tuition fees with a globally recognized degree from a government university.
- University of Northern Philippines is a 106 years oldest university in the Philippines.
- This medical college is a government university in the Philippines.
- University of Northern Philippines has more than 20 different kinds of educational institutions.
- The medium of instruction is English in the UNP college of medicine.
- University of Northern Philippines college of medicine located in Vigan city in the province of Ilocos Sur.
- Philippines country having the same weather condition as same as India and the disease patterns also.
- University of Northern Philippines Government Medical College holds the IV level of distinction in the country Philippines.
- This Northern Philippines University was certified by the Commission on Higher Education in Philippines.
- University of Northern Philippines college of medicine has it’s own affiliated hospital and health centers.
- University of Northern Philippines college of medicine provides a secured campus facility for Indian Students.
- The medical college University has a lot of experienced teaching staffs and faculties.
- College of medicine Northern Philippines is recognized by the MCI, WHO, ECFMG, FAIMER.
- UNPCM offers MS+MD(~MBBS) course with a duration of 5.8 years.
- The medium of instruction is English in UNPCM.
- The Medical course curriculum is US-based syllabus.
- First 2 years the students study BS – Psychology.
- After 4 years the students study MD – Doctor of Medicine program which includes 1 year compulsory clerkship during the 4th year.
Admission Procedure and Eligibility
- If you want to study MBBS in Philippines he or she may be an Indian they should have to qualify the NEET exam it’s a mandatory rule to all of the Indian students to study medicine in the Philippines
- If the students want to study medicine he or she needs to have more than 50% marks in physics, chemistry, biology (botany or zoology)
Needed documents for getting an admission in UNP College of Medicine
- 10th Marksheet
- 12th Marksheet
- Original Passport
- Date of birth certificate
- NEET qualifying mark sheet
- Medical fitness certificate
University of Northern Philippines Fees Structure
MBBS Program approximate tuition fees in the University of Northern Philippines College of Medicine. Current currency rate may vary in this fees structure.
|I – Year
|II – Year
|III – Year
|IV – Year
|V – Year
|VI – Year
The University of Northern Philippines is spread over with 4 campuses in the province of Ilocos Sur such as Vigan, Sinait, Quimmarayan, Santa Maria. The main campus of University of Northern Philippines was located in Vigan City. University of northern Philippines college of medicine has a huge library, classrooms, seminar halls, auditorium cum museum, hostel, sports, computers, laboratory, transport and so on. ATM facilities are available near the administration building in the campus. The UNPCM’s experienced professors, faculties & staff members teach students in friendly manner.
UNP college of medicine provides accommodation facilities for Indian students. UNP hostels are located inside of university campus with a safe and secure environment. If the students want, they can stay outside of the university, it is not compulsory to stay in the university’s hostel. But, if the students need safe and secured stay university campus is the best choice. Both the boys & girls hostels are having 24×7 surveillance CCTV facility, it ensures the student’s security.
UNP college of medicine provides food facilities for Indian students. The country Philippines has a mixed type of Asian & European style fusion foods. Most of the people eat steamed staple foods of rice, vegetable, fish & meat. Also, the UNP hostel provides vegetarian & non-vegetarian Indian foods for the student’s choice. Also, Indian restaurants/cafes are available with the walk-able distance from this medical college university.
UNP college of medicine provides sports & recreational facilities to the students. The sports facilities available in UNPCM campus are basketball, volleyball, football, tennis, gymnasium. The playground facilities are available too
UNP affiliated hospitals are the premier health care medical center in the Vigan Vity region to treat people. UNP college of medicine doctors are elevating the people’s health through their medical experiences. UNP hospital provides the medical services, surgical & diagnostic services to the inpatients & outpatients with an integrated team of physicians and health care professionals. This UNP hospital is expanded to provide advanced medical treatment to the people with improved technology.
University of northern Philippines college of medicine affiliated with these hospitals, in here UNPCM students are doing their medical clerkship during their final year of their MD program.
- Candon general & city hospital
- Salcedo district hospital
- St. Lucia district hospital
- Southern Ilocos Sur district hospital
- Sto. Nino Cagayan Valley medical centre
- Central Ilocos Sur district hospital
- Ilocos region training medical centre
How to Reach
From Chennai international airport to Manila international airport takes travelling time of 7 to 8 hours approximately to reach the Philippines. The Philippines is well connected with all major cities around the world. The Philippines has the 3 main international airports are located in these cities such as Manila, Davao & Cebu. Through these cities, you can easily go anywhere in the Philippines. Vigan is the capital city of Ilocos Sur province in the Philippines. This Vigan city was located on the western coast of the biggest island of Luzon. Vigan City is located 420 km away from the city of Manila. Also, Vigan city having a railway transport facility from the capital city Manila. There are a lot of local transports are available to taxi, bus, metro rails, share taxis(Jeepneys), etc.