Find Maharashtra State Quota NEET counselling information such as Cut off, Seat Matrix, Tuition Fees, Eligibility, Medical Counselling Procedure, etc here.
MBBS Admission Counselling for Maharashtra State Quota is conducted by the Admissions Regulating Authority, through the State Common Entrance Test Cell Maharashtra which comes under the State Government of Maharashtra. 85% of MBBS seats in all government colleges are allotted to Maharashtra state candidates. Apart from the government colleges, Management Quota & NRI Quota seats in private medical colleges, are allotted by the Admissions Regulating Authority through CET.
Table of Contents
1. Quick Summary
2. Counselling Procedure
3. Counselling Registration
4. Allotment Process
6. Domicile Rules
7. Seat Reservation
8. Seat Matrix
9. Required Documents
10. NEET Cutoff
|Mode of Counselling
|Admissions Regulating Authority,
Directorate of Medical Education & Research Maharashtra
|Total Medical College Participating
|21 Government Colleges,
1 Government-Aided College,
5 Municipal Corporation Colleges,
19 Self-Financing Colleges,
1 Minority College
|Total MBBS Seats in Government
|Govt Quota – 4,530
|Total MBBS Seats in Private
|Mgmt Quota – 2,220
|Govt Quota in Government College ==> Rs 85,800/Year,
Govt Quota in Private College ==> Rs 1,50,000/Year,
Mgmt Quota ==> Rs 5,30,000 – Rs 15,00,000/Year,
NRI Quota ==> $ 38,000 – $ 70,000/Year
|4 Weeks After NEET Results
|Rs 1,000 (For SC and ST category – Free)
Rs 1,000 (for Mgmt and NRI Quota)
|+91-22-22016119, +91-22-22016128, +91-22-22016134,
+91-22-22016153, +91-22-22016157, +91-22-22016159.
Maharashtra State Medical Counselling Procedure
Maharashtra State Quota Medical Counselling is conducted by the State Common Entrance Test Cell – Maharashtra under the guidance of Directorate of Medical Education & Research – Mumbai (DMER-Mumbai). This SCET committee fills all available medical seats in the State of Maharashtra.
- Municipal Corporation
- Private & Minority Institutions
Maharashtra state medical counselling will be conducted by the Admissions Regulating Authority Mumbai. Through the Centralized Allotment Process (CAP) qualified candidates are allotted. The Maharashtra State CET CELL(SCET), Mumbai conduct the admission process for all Health & Science courses in Maharashtra. Online applications will be invited for the eligible candidates for admission into Government, Corporation, Private & Minority Colleges. The counselling conducted mode is online and it conducts 2 rounds of counselling with the qualified candidates.
There is no counselling fees for the qualified candidates of SCET. The cost of online application form of NEET-UG is Rs.1000/- ( non-refundable fee ). After applying, physical document verification process will be conducted by the SCET Maharashtra for all state medical colleges. “Document Verification Centre” will be declared later by the Maharashtra counselling authority. So, candidates are advised to follow the counselling website every day during the MBBS Admission counselling time. If the candidates are satisfied with their seat allotment but he or she decides not to participate in any further rounds they should have to submit the “Status retention form”.
- Registration is must to participate in the counselling
- Online application form filling
- Payment of registration fees through any online payment gateway
- Publishing the registered candidate’s list
- Document verification
- Online preferences of choices filling process
- Publishing the provisional state merit list
- Selected candidates list for first-round
- Last date of joining college for first-round candidates
- Selected candidates list for second-round
- Last date of joining college for second-round candidates
- Selected candidates list for mop-up round
- Last date of joining college for mop-up round candidates
- Vacant seats are surrender to the private college for stray round counselling
Worried About NEET Admission Counselling?
You need to know medical college types, college ranking, tuition fees, seat matrix, quota, reservation, domicile rules, counselling rounds, state rank list, choice filling, allotment rules, up-gradation rules, compulsory service bond, penalty, intern stipend, career prospects, last year closing rank cut off, in order to avoid making any mistake during counselling.
Get Personalised Guidance From Counsellor
You can take our premium counselling service by getting dedicated counselor who will guide you through-out the counselling process to get best medical college for your rank within your budget and preference.
Mop-Up Round Counselling
After conducting two or more Centralized Allotment Process(CAP) rounds for Government/Corporation/Private aided/Private Unaided/Minority colleges, if the seats still remain with non-allotment or non-reporting vacancies those seats will be filled in the Mop-Up round.
Eligible candidates for Mop-Up round counselling:
- If any candidate is not admitted in 1st or 2nd round
- If any candidate is being wait-listed
- If any candidates choice was not available in 1st or 2nd round
Non-Eligible candidates for Mop-Up round counselling:
- If any candidate seats are allotted in CAP rounds but not joined
- If any candidate fills the status retention form
- If any candidate resigned after allotting the seats in previous rounds
Stray round Counselling
After conducting the CAP mop-up round, if any vacancy seats still remain in private-unaided or private minority colleges those unfilled seats were filled by the institutions under the stray round counselling. The dean or principal of the institutions can fill the vacant seats on the basis of NEET-UG merit list.
Payment & Refund of the Tuition Fees
The tuition fees has to be paid for the respective college through the demand draft. If any candidate’s change of college/course/admission is cancelled/he or she wishes to cancel the allotment, the tuition fees will be refunded to the candidates after the deductions. Dean or principal of the college is responsible for making the refund of the tuition fees, on the basis of cancellation letter from the candidate.
Cancellation and Penalty
If the selected candidates he or she fails to join the college with the prescribed time, the admission is cancelled by the competent authority. If the selected candidates wish to cancel the admission it should be cancelled in the respective college also. The college should accept the cancellation and need to inform the competent authority along with a copy of the cancellation letter from the candidate. If the admission is cancelled by the candidates they need to pay the penalty for cancelling their allotted admission.
Service Bond & Penalty
If any candidates are selected through GOI nominee or All India quota they are required to sign a bond to serve the Government of Maharashtra or local self-government or Defence services as an internship. If the candidates are failed to complete their internship with the period of one year, he/she need to pay non-refundable Rs.10,00,000/- (Rupees ten Lakhs only) as a penalty.
This penalty is applicable for those candidates who do not join the last round counselling / cancel his or her seat on the time of admission. This penalty is applicable for any candidates resigning the seat after publishing the cut off date. If any candidates fails to complete the course or irrespective of admission quota of the candidate.
Additionally, he or she needs to sign an undertaking effect that he or she will not leave India within a period of five years from the date of obtaining the degree. Otherwise, he or she will have to pay Non-Refundable Rs. 10,00,000/- (Rs.Ten Lakhs only) as penalty.
MBBS College Predictor for Maharashtra MBBS Seats:
After the NEET results are announced by NTA, you will get your All India Rank and NEET Score. After state merit list is released by Maharashtra state counselling authority, you will get your State Rank as well as your State Category Rank. Using these ranks, you can predict which Maharashtra medical college you have chance to get using college predictor facility available in MBBSCouncil Android app. You can install this app from google play store or by clicking link below.
After installing the app, you can enter your all India rank / Maharashtra state rank / Maharashtra state category rank in the college predictor tool to find out the list of medical colleges, you have chance to get based on previous year cut off trend of all Maharashtra medical colleges. Using All India Rank gives better prediction compared to NEET score cutoff. Similarly using State Rank gives better prediction than All India Rank and category rank provides best prediction compared to State Rank.
You can predict your chances to get a particular Maharashtra medical college in 2nd round or 3rd round based on the previous year trends using MBBSCouncil app and by knowing the seat vacancy matrix of the respective round in Maharashtra State Counselling.
Eligibility to Participating the Maharashtra State Medical Counselling
- Candidates should be an Indian National
- If the candidate belonging to open category the candidate should secure 50 percentile marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) as per NTA norms.
- If the candidate belonging to any constitutional reservation with any kind person with a disability they need 40 percentile marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) as per NTA norms
- NRI candidates are eligible for institutional quota seat only, they can’t claim any other seats.
- NRI candidates also eligible on the basis of All India Merit in private unaided colleges through NRI Quota
- Candidates should born on before 31st December 2004 to be eligible for all health & science courses.
- Birth certificate of the candidates should be indicating the name of the candidate, SSC or HSC certificate will be valid proof.
- All candidates should submit medical fitness certificate
- The candidates should have been qualified the examination in HSC or 12th Standard or equivalent examination as well as SSLC or equivalent examination in a school situated in the State of Maharashtra
To Claiming the Nativity & Domicile
- If the candidates want to claim the domicile they need to live in Maharashtra for a minimum period of 10 years.
- Domicile certificate should be issued by the District Magistrate or Metropolitan Magistrate or Competent Authority.
- The candidate needs to qualify 10th & 12th from the State of Maharashtra and it should be the domicile of Maharashtra or candidate should stay in Maharashtra for a minimum period of 10 years
- The candidate should pass SSLC or HSC or equivalent examination from school or junior college that needs to situated in the hilly area of his or her parent’s domicile or taluka of his or her parent’s domicile to claim hilly are quota.
- Parent’s domicile certificate is needed to claim the hilly area reservations.
- The candidate must be a domicile of a place situated in the areas as specified and they need to produce the domicile certificate from the district collector.
- If the candidates are qualifying the SSC or HSC in any institution that is situated outside the State of Maharashtra they are not the domicile of Maharashtra. Also, they are not eligible for getting any health science course admission in Maharashtra
MBBS Seat Category Reservations
Maharashtra follows separate category reservations for government medical colleges and private medical colleges. To Know percentage reservation, you can click to read Maharashtra Quota and Reservation Scheme
MBBS Seat Matrix – Maharashtra State
There are five types of medical colleges in Maharashtra.
- Government Colleges
- Government Aided Colleges
- Municipal Corporation Colleges
- Private Colleges
- Minority Colleges
Click here to see the MBBS seats in Maharashtra Medical Colleges
Maharashtra Medical College Ranking
During Medical College Selection or Online Choice Filling, parent as well as candidate need to know… how to find the quality of medical college so that he/she can get the best medical college based on their NEET score.
Do you know that National Medical Commission inspects all medical college in India to find out whether the college has sufficient infrastructure, faculties, resident doctors, patient flow, bed occupancy, etc to conduct medical courses. It is difficult for parents to read the NMC assessment report of each and every medical college located in Maharashtra and access the quality of colleges.
We have identified certain key parameters from the assessment report such as Average Patient Flow Per day, Total Outpatient Beds, Number of PG Courses – clinical, non-clinical, etc. You can rank Maharashtra Medical colleges based on these parameters as well as tuition fees which will help you during choice filling. Install MBBSCouncil Android app by clicking below to use the medical college ranking tool.
Required Documents for Medical Counselling
Following documents are needed to participate in the Maharashtra state medical counselling. All original documents and Xerox copies should be attested.
- SSLC Marksheet
- HSC Marksheet
- School leaving certificate / Transfer certificate
- Government ID proof / Nationality certificate
- Photocopy of the candidate
- Aadhaar card
- Birth certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Caste Validity certificate
- Community / Caste certificate
- Medical fitness certificate
- NTA NEET Marksheet
- NTA NEET Admit card
- Copy of Online application form
These are the needed certificates to be provided compulsory to claim the special reservations in Maharashtra state medical counselling.
- PWD certificate
- Defense certificate
- MKB certificate
- Hilly Area certificate
- Minority certificate
- SEBC certificate
- Orphan certificate from the authorities to claim the Orphan reservations
- Non-Creamy layer certificate for EWS valid up to 31st March of the current year
Physical Document Verification Centre
All candidates should choose their nearest physical document verification center during the time of online registration. Document verification date will be declared after the online registration is complete. The list of centers will be declared at a later stage. All qualifying candidates should report personally (proxy not allowed) to their respective document verification centers which is selected during the online registration.
Online Application Form Filling Process
- Application form link will be displayed. click on application form link
- Read the instructions carefully while filling the online application form
- Click the Next button to go to online application form
- Candidate need to fill all entries given in the application form.
- The system will validate required fields before allowing he or she to submit
- Before the submission of an application form, all of the candidates should give the “Declaration by the Candidate”
- Candidate should agree with the given conditions, before submitting the application form
- He or She needs to click the “I Agree” button so that the application form will be accepted
- During submission, system will ask your “Password” for verification.
- After submission of form, he or she needs to pay non-refundable online prescribed fee Rs.1000/- through the payment gateway
- Candidate should take a printout of Receipt of online fee payment
- Log-In Link will be available on website to verify the application Form
- Candidate should log in with an application number
- User Name and Password are needed to download the printout of application Form
- Candidate has to preserve the downloaded printout of an application form, receipt of online fee payment, copy of downloaded online application form, downloaded copy of information brochure for subsequent use
- After completing the online payment, the candidates need to upload their required documents online
Online Choice Filling Method
While the choice filling preference form, every candidate must consider all colleges including the colleges not approved by the respective medical council. Non-recognized / Non-approved college if gets the approval during the selection process of the first round or second round the same preferences will be considered. If the candidate submitting the preference form for a college or course, it shows that the candidates have accepted the tuition fees, other fees and other terms and conditions of that respective college.
- A candidate should submit the preference form.
- After filling & final submission of preference form, no chance will be given to fill fresh preference form or change the preferences
- Login with application number
- After login, preference form will be displayed
- Candidate can fill minimum 1 preference up to maximum 300 preferences
- You have to click ( Save Preferences )
- Before ( Lock Preferences ) candidate can change preference with multiple logout & login
- For the final submission, Click ( Finish)
- Lock Preferences ( TAB ) will open
- You have to click the checkbox and make sure that you check all the preferences and then click “Lock Preferences”
- After final submission, no change of preferences is allowed
- If the candidate fails to ( Lock Preferences ) his/her preference form will not be saved and it will be rejected
- After submitting choice form, take print out of the preference form.
- Candidates should fill the preference form as early as possible to avoid last day rush
- They should not wait until the last date to fill the preference form.
- Any delay due to electricity failure or due to any technical fault will not be considered by the authorities
- Candidate login session may expire in 10 Minutes, So all candidates should do the ( Save preferences )
Last Year NEET Cut off for Maharashtra State
NEET Score, All India Closing Rank, Maharashtra State Rank and Community rank for Maharashtra State Quota for Government as well as private Medical Colleges can be found by clicking Maharashtra NEET Cut off
If you want to know more information about NEET score cut off for any government medical college or private medical colleges in Maharashtra State Quota/Management Quota along with the Tuition Fees details, you can download the MBBSCouncil Android App.
1. Which Medical Colleges you should avoid during Choice Filling >>
2. How To Rank Medical Colleges Quality For Choice Filling >>
3. How to Predict Your College Accurately For Your Rank >>