Find Puducherry State Quota NEET counselling information such as Cut off, Seat Matrix, Tuition Fees, Eligibility, Medical Counselling Procedure, etc here.
Pondicherry is one of the Union Territories of India. Even-though it is located close to Tamilnadu state, student who studied in Puducherry Union Territory cannot claim in Tamilnadu state MBBS admission counselling and vice versa.
Table of Contents
1. Quick Summary
2. Counselling Procedure
3. Counselling Registration
4. Allotment Process
6. Nativity & Domicile Rules
7. Seat Reservations
8. Seat Matrix
9. Required Documents
10. NEET Cutoff
|Mode of Counselling
||Centralised Admission Committee,Puducherry
|Total Medical College Participating
||1 Govt College, 3 Self-Financing Colleges, 4 Deemed Universities
|Total MBBS Seats Govt
||Govt Quota – 180
|Total MBBS Seats Private
||Govt Quota – 170, Mgmt – 221, NRI – 59
||Govt Quota in Govt College – Rs 143700/Year,
Govt Quota in Private College – Rs 3.1 to Rs 4 Lakhs/Year,
Minority/Mgmt Quota (OPN) – Rs 16 Lakhs/Year,
NRI -Govt College – Rs 92 Lakhs/Course
||1 week after NEET Result
||Govt Quota – No Fees
Mgmt Quota – Rs 2000
NRI Quota – Rs 5000
||0413-2655570 & 0413-2655571
Puducherry State Medical Counselling Procedure
MBBS Admission Counselling for Puducherry is conducted by Centralised Admission Committee, Puducherry . The counselling includes MBBS Seats in government and private medical colleges located in the UT of Puducherry. 15% MBBS Management Quota Seats in self-financing college are open for students from any state of India.
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry (JIPMER) under Government of India was started the year 1956. There are 200 Seats available, 150 for JIPMER-Puducherry and 50 for JIPMER, Karaikal. The total fees of the JIPMER comes around Rs 12,260 per year. For NRI\OCI Candidates – Rs 55,00,000 + Transaction Charges for the entire course. Starting from 2020, counselling for JIPMER will be conducted by MCC for All India Quota and by Pondicherry state counselling for state Quota.
For Deemed universities in Pondicherry, the counselling is conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee.
There are 5 steps in online MBBS Admission application submission. Candidates should complete all the five steps before the registration until the end date which generally falls in the last week of February. Candidates should follow the Model Application form before filling up the registration form which is available on the CENTAC website.
- Step 1 : Candidate Registration: Enter your email, mobile number and scanned photo for initial registration. It send the OTP to Email and Mobile number for further registration
- Step 2 : Fill Application Form: Read prospectus and fill all the mandatory fields in the online application. Use the ‘Save and Preview’ button to verify your details before you finalize submission.
- Step 3: Upload Documents:The following photocopies of documents will be uploaded with self attested. These are 10th and 12th Marksheets, Nativity/Residence Certificates, Nationality Certificate, Special /Regional/ Reservation Claiming Certificate (Community/PWD/FF/SP)
- Step 3 : Fees payment: Payment of application fee either by Online Payment through Net-banking/Credit Card/Debit Card or by way of e-challan.
- Step 5 : Take Printout: Candidate should take the print out of the Application form for future references.
1. Pondicherry counselling process is conducted by Online.
2. Merit list: Merit list will be published by CENTAC official website www.centacpuducherry.in for Merit list. A separate Merit list will be prepared for the Government & Management quota seats. The merit list will be published based on the marks obtained in the NEET exam.
The CENTAC may publish a merit list as draft. If any objections are there, CENTAC will give one or two days to raise objections. After that, Final Merit list will be published with consideration.
If any corrections in the Merit list, the candidate reports the corrections within 2 days after the publication date.
4. After the corrections are made, the Counselling date will be sent through the SMS/Mail by CENTAC.
5.The candidate should follow the official Website for further steps like choice filling(unlimited).
6. If the above steps are finished, after 1 week Seat allotment will be published.
7. If the candidate is accepting the seat, they will download the allotment letter from the official site.
8.After downloading the allotment letter, they should report the college within the stipulated time.
9. Then submit the original documents and deposit the course fees.
CENTAC conducts three rounds of counselling. These are
- First Round counselling
- Second Round counselling
- Mop up Round
After Mop up round, if any stray vacancies in college, the merit list will be sponsored to the college. In order to sponsor, if the candidates are interested to join, it will open fresh registration in addition to the existing candidates.
Registration Fees for 2nd round counselling
Govt. Quota – Rs 10,000 for OC Candidates
Rs 5000 for SC/ST/OBC/EBC/MBC/BCM/BT
Management Quota – Rs 1,00,000 for all categories
Forfeiture of Fees
- Free exit is available for Ist round of counselling.
- After 2nd round counselling the candidate fails to join the college, the fees will be forfeited.
- During Mop up counselling seats will be allotted after the entire fees is paid through DD(Demand Draft). If the students fail to join the college after mop up , the registration fees of Rs 100000 will be forfeited. In case, the college is not able to fill the seats, the entire amount will be forfeited.
- If college is able to fill the seats remaining amount will be transformed after 6 months.
Refund of Registration fee/ Tuition fee
- If the candidate is not allotted seats in any college during 2nd round counselling and Mop up round counselling, the entire fees including Registration fees will be refunded to the candidate account from which account had been made the transaction.
- The candidate should keep their bank account/ card for the refund process.
- As per RBI rules Refund amount cannot be transferred to NRI Account. The NRI candidate registering the counselling and made fund transfer from NRI Account to NRO Account and NRO account to CENTAC. The refund amount will be credited to NRO account from CENTAC.
Eligibility to Participating the Puducherry Medical Counselling
- Candidates secured a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible to apply.
- As on 31-Dec-2020, candidates should have completed 17 years of age.
- candidates belong to the SC/ST category, they should have obtained 4o% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. PWD candidates should take 15% in the same subjects.
To Claiming the Nativity & Domicile
- The candidate should have an Indian citizenship
- The Parents of the candidates should live 5 years continuously in Pondicherry.
- Students who have passed the Matriculation / S.S.L.C. continuously for five successive classes preceding the qualifying examination in a recognized educational institution located in Puducherry Union Territory.
- Children of natives of U.T. of Puducherry who have declared any place in Puducherry as their home town, should enclose a Nativity Certificate in the prescribed format.
- Children of Defence Personnel who were killed / disabled in action who has declared Puducherry as their home town.
- French nationals in U.T. of Puducherry who are covered by the terms of the “Treaty of Cession of the French Establishments of Pondicherry, Karaikal, Mahe and Yanam” shall be treated on par with candidates who produce the prescribed Puducherry State Residence Certificate. Residence Certificate is not essential for such French Nationals but they should produce a “Certificate of Registration” issued by the French Consulate residing at Puducherry.
- Children whose parents are Central/ State Government Employees/ Defence Personnel/Central Paramilitary Forces/Employees of Public Sector Undertakings owned either by the Central Government or by the Puducherry posted in Puducherry or serving in Puducherry for at least a minimum 3 years continuous years prior to the last date of application submission. Children of the above said employees should have studied SSLC/ HSC for two years in any of the schools in the U.T. of Puducherry and should have passed SSLC/HSC examinations from the same school.
Category Seat Reservations
Reservation in admission to MBBS course for the candidates of U.T. of Puducherry for various communal categories are given below. Moreover, SC / BT / EBC / MBC / BCM / OBC candidates are also eligible for selection under Open competition / General category in addition to the reservations.
Open General – 50%
Other Backward Classes (OBC) – 11%
Backward Classes Muslims (BCM) – 2%
Most Backward Classes (MBC) – 18%
Extreme Backward Classes (EBC) – 2%
Backward Tribes (BT) – 0.5%
Scheduled Caste (SC) – 16%
Scheduled Tribes (ST) – 0.5%
Children/Grand Children of Freedom (Fighter) (FF) – 4%
Person With Disabilities (PWD) – 5%
Wards of Ex-Servicemen (EX) – 1%
Merit in Sports (MSP) – 1%
MBBS Seat Matrix – Puducherry State
Pondicherry totally has 9 Medical Colleges including JIPMER( Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry). Out of these, 1 Medical colleges run by the state government, 3 self-financed private medical colleges and 4 Deemed Colleges.
There are 2 Minority Self financed Medical colleges available. In that, 50% of the seats will be allotted to the Minority seats. 15% of the MBBS Seats in self-financing colleges are reserved for NRI candidates.
Indira Gandhi Medical Colleges reserves 22 seats for NRI candidates/ Foreign Nationals. Being a govt run college, the NRI tution fees is just Rs 92 lakhs/course.
|List of Medical Colleges
|Indira Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute, Puducherry
|Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences & Research
|Sri Venkateswaraa Medical College
|Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College
|Mahatma Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute
|Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences
|Vinayaka Missions Medical College, Karaikal
|Aarupadai Veedu Medical College
Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences being a christian minority institution reserves 75 MBBS Seats for christian candidates of UT of Puducherry. Similarly, Sri Venkateswaraa Medical College reserves 75 seats for telugu minority candidates of UT of puducherry. For management quota, Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College has the most number of seats(75).
If minority quota seats are not filled after two rounds of counselling, it will be converted to management quota seats for which students from any state of India are eligible.
Required Documents for Medical Counselling
The candidate should provide the following Original Certificates along with attested photocopies to the college during joining after allotment.
- For Minority Quota seats in Minority Medical / Dental Colleges candidates who are residents in the UT of Puducherry and belonging to respective minorities are only eligible.
- The candidates claiming seats under Christian Minority Quota should produce any valid proof like Transfer Certificate or similar document to prove their religion is CHRISTIANITY.
- The candidates claiming seats under Telugu Minority Quota should produce any valid proof like Transfer Certificate or School admission certificate to prove their mother tongue is TELUGU.
- Claiming Certificates: (Community/ PWD/ EX/SP). Community certificates issued by Government of Puducherry will only be considered to claim any reservation benefits. Sports certificates should be countersigned by the respective authorities.
- Mark Sheets: The candidate should bring their original 10, 12 mark sheet sheets at the time of joining.
- Nationality Certificate: French Nationals residing in the UT of Puducherry should produce the Nationality Certificate.
- Nativity / Residence Certificate: If the candidate is an Indian National, they are considered to be a Puducherry resident.
- Regional Reservation Certificate: The special allocation in admission to MBBS degree course offered by Government colleges for the candidates of Karaikal, Mahe and Yanam regions shall respectively be 18%, 4% and 3% of seats earmarked to the candidates of Pondicherry Union Territory.
- Transfer Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
All of the above certificates should be verified by Tashildhar and Revenue Officers.
Candidates who are looking for NRI quota should submit additional documents listed below along with all other certificates.
- NRI status of the sponsor should be issued by the respective country.
- Non Resident External (NRE) Bank Account Pass Book of the sponsor.
- Valid Passport of the NRI supporter
Last Year NEET 2020 Cutoff for Puducherry
Puducherry State Quota NEET 2020 Cut off – Government College
If you want to know Puducherry State quota NEET Score cutoff /Management Quota for any Private medical college in Puducherry, You can use MBBSCouncil App by installing it from google play store. Tuition Fees for Puducherry state quota is approximately Rs 4 lakhs/year. OPN-MGMT means open management quota available in private medical colleges for which student from any Indian state are eligible to participate. Tuition fees for Open management quota is Rs 16 Lakhs/Year.
Puducherry State Quota NEET 2019 Cut off for Private College
If you want to know more information about NEET score cut off for any government medical college or private medical colleges in Puducherry State Quota/Management Quota along with the Tuition Fees details, you can download the MBBSCouncil Android App.