Find Delhi State Quota MBBS Admission NEET counselling information such as Counselling Procedure, Cut off, Seat Matrix, Tuition Fees, Eligibility, etc here.
MBBS Admission Counselling for Delhi State Quota is conducted by Medical Counselling Committee which comes under the Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. 85% of MBBS seats in all government colleges located in the state of Delhi are allotted to students who are native to the state.
Table of Contents
1. Quick Summary
2. Counselling Procedure
3. Eligibility – State Counselling
4. Domicile Rules
5. Seat Reservation
6. Seat Matrix
7. Required Documents
8. NEET Cut off
|Mode of Counselling
||Medical Counselling Committee(MCC), Indraprastra University(IPU)
|Total Medical College Participating
|Total MBBS Seats
||MCC- 800, IPU-250
||Govt Quota – Rs 6000/Year to Rs 1 Lakhs/Year
||IInd Week of June
||Rs 1000 (Security Deposit – Rs 10000)
Delhi State Counselling Procedure
Delhi State Quota Counselling is conducted by two counselling authorities namely Medical Counselling Committee(MCC) and Guru Gobind Indraprashta University.
1.Medical Counselling Committee
Colleges : Counselling for deemed university as well as 4 Delhi govt medical colleges namely Maulana Azad medical college, Lady Hardinge medical college, University college of medical sciences and VMMC are conducted by medical counselling committee through online mode. As MCC conducts counselling for All India Quota, the counselling procedure for Delhi state Quota is very much similar to the All India Quota Counselling. In fact, while registering for All India Quota, it will ask whether you want to apply under Delhi University Quota if you mention that you have studied 10+2 in Delhi State School.
The counselling process includes registration, choice filling and locking, seat allotment by MCC, Reporting to Allotted medical college or reject the allotment and participate in the second round of counselling.
Mopup Round Counselling: MCC conducts two rounds of counselling for DU Quota Seats. After two rounds of counselling, it conducts Mop-up counselling to allot the unfilled seats of second round counselling.
Stray Round Counselling : If seats are not filled during mop-up round counselling, it is filled using the stray round counselling. List of ten times (of the registered candidates) of number of Stray vacancies will be sent to the respective medical college for Final Stray Vacancy Round to be conducted by the college. Kindly note that there is no Fresh Registration of Candidates in Final Stray Vacancy Round.
2. Indraprasta University Counselling
Colleges: Counselling for Delhi Government medical colleges namely Dr Ambedkar medical college, North Delhi Municipal college, and Army college of medical sciences are conducted by Guru Gobind Indraprashta university(IPU).
- Candidates should deposit Rs 1000 as one time Counselling participation fee with applicable taxes and charges by visiting counselling website http://www.ipuadmissions.nic.in
- After paying fees, candidates should register and fill in their choices of colleges. After choices are locked, IPU allots colleges based on the NEET score. Candidates can confirm the allotted college by paying part academic fees of Rs 40000/.
- Candidates, will be given the opportunity to edit/add/remove college preferences after allotment of seat in Round 01 for the subsequent round of counselling if they do not freeze the allotment. Generally two rounds of counselling is conducted by IPU.
Last Round of Counselling: In the last round of online-counselling, any unfilled seats in reservation category shall be converted to unreserved category during counselling.
Sliding Counselling Round: After last round of counselling, sliding round of counselling is conducted by Indraprasta University.Candidates who have been allocated MBBS seats before the sliding round and those who paid the part academic fees of INR 40000/ are eligible to participate in sliding round. If a candidate, who has paid the Part Academic Fees but does not want to participate in the sliding round counselling, then he/she should freeze their allotment.
After the sliding round counselling, the allocated candidates must report to the college for document verification and payment of the balance fees amount.
Reporting to College: Candidates are required to report and join the allotted college with the Admission Slip, Provisional Allotment Letter, Fees Receipt and the necessary documents for verification at the college and pay the balance fees amount.
Spot Round Counselling: After admission, if there are any unfilled seats, they are filled using spot counselling round which is an offline process. All eligible candidates who want to participate in the “Spot Counselling” shall have to pay a counselling participation fees, Rs 2000. The “Spot Counselling” shall be done for vacancies remaining after reporting of allocated candidates to colleges.
Eligibility for Delhi Counselling
Candidates who have passed both High School(10th standard) and Higher Secondary/Intermediate(10+2) or equivalent examinations from an recognised education institution located in the National Capital Territory of Delhi are eligible to apply under the Delhi University Quota.
MBBS Seat Reservation
40.5% of MBBS seats in medical colleges are available for GN(General or Unreserved) students.
10% of MBBS seats will be reserved for GEN- EWS (General Economically Weaker Section) category students. Family gross annual income < Rs 8 Lakhs are eligible for EWS Reservation Category.
15% MBBS seats are reserved for SC (Scheduled Caste) students.
7.5% MBBS seats are reserved for ST (Scheduled Tribe) students.
27% of MBBS Seats are reserved for OBC (Other Backward Class) non creamy layer students.
5% of MBBS seats are reserved for PH (Persons with Disability) candidates. PH reservation is horizontal reservation which means, 5% of seats in all reservation categories such as GN, EWS, OBC, SC, ST are reserved for candidates with disability from that reservation category.
There is 5% horizontal reservation for Defence Category in all colleges where counselling is conducted by Indraprastra University. The priority is given based on the below categories.
- (i) Priority I : Widows/Wards of Defense personnel killed in action.
- (ii) Priority II : Wards of disabled in action and boarded out from service.
- (iii) Priority III: Widows/Wards of Defense personnel who died while in service with death attributable to military service.
- (iv) Priority IV: Wards of disabled in service and boarded out with disability attributable to military service.
- (v) Priority V: Wards of Ex-Servicemen and serving personnel who are in receipt of Gallantry Awards: Param Vir Chakra, Ashok Chakra, Maha Vir Chakra, Kirti Chakra, Vir Chakra, Shaurya Chakra, Sena, Nau Sena, Vayu Sena Medal
- (vi) Priority VI: Wards of Ex-Servicemen.
- (vii) Prirority VII: Wives of (i) Defence personnel disabled in action and boarded out from service,(ii) Defence personnel disabled in service and boarded out with disability attributable to military service, (iii) Ex-Servicemen and serving personnel who are in receipt of Gallantry Awards.
- (viii) Priority VIII: Wards of Serving Personnel.
- (ix) Prority IX: Wives of Serving Personnel.
MBBS Seat Matrix – Delhi State
Delhi State has 9 medical colleges. AIIMS medical college has 50 seats and it used to conduct separate entrance exam for its admission. Starting from 2020, AIIMS will admit students using the NEET examination. There are 6 government colleges in Delhi with 900 MBBS seats. Delhi has one deemed university which contains 100 MBBS seats. It also contains army college of medical sciences which admits children of Army or Ex-Army persons.
Documents Required for Counselling
As the counselling process is conducted online by MCC which conducts All India Quota Counselling, all original documents along with attested photocopies are only required at the time of joining the allotted Medical College.
- Admit Cards issued by NTA
- NEET Rank letter issued by NTA
- Date of Birth Certificate (if HSC +2 Certificate does have date of birth mentioned)
- 10th Class Certificate
- 12th Class Certificate
- 12th Class Mark Sheet
- Eight Passport size Photos (should be same photograph affixed on NEET and Counselling application form)
- Provisional allotment letter – Downloaded from the MCC website
- Proof of identity (Aadhar/ Passport/ Driving Licence)
- OBC/SC/ST/Disability Certificate issued by competent authority in standard format as mentioned in the prospectus.
Last Year NEET 2019 Cut off for Delhi University Quota
- For General Category, the last rank of student who got seat in Unreserved category is 6241 with NEET score of 607 marks.
- For EWS Category, 2019 NEET score cut off was 585 and last AIR was 11770
- For OBC Category, the cut off All India Rank was 18466 and the corresponding NEET score was 564
- For SC Category the NEET score cut off was 467 and the corresponding AIR was 70580
- For ST category, NEET AIR cut off was and the corresponding score was 339
If you want to know NEET score cut off for all government medical colleges and private medical colleges for Delhi State Quota/Management Quota along with Tuition Fees details, you can download MBBSCouncil Android App
Book MBBS Admission Guidance Call
If you need MBBS counselling guidance, book 1 on 1 session with our counselor(Rs 120) to find out how to approach counselling for All India Quota/State Quota to get best medical college for your NEET score by entering your information below